920 All buttons stopped working, phone won't start

b c2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Last night the Nokia 920 I have completely crashed and stopped working. I have received no help at all in order to fix the phone and it has been incredibly frustrating with my wedding approaching in a little over a week. All three buttons (volume, power, camera) stopped working for no reason, it was not dropped or anything. It would only start up when I plugged it in to the power cord last night. Then this morning even when plugging in the power cord there is no response. For a phone that wants to be a great phone stuff like this should not happen, incredibly frustrating. Needless to say it is not easy to speak good things about the windows phone right now (nokia 920)

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that your device is bricked, did u try resetting , if yes and it is still broken, please get it to a Nokia care or any other similar support center. I know it is frustrating when your device stops working, I had the same hatred towards HTC for a few days.

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If that doesn't work. Head over to AT&T/T-MO and get Lumia 520/521 and then go into Nokia's 2 week long replacement cycle. Do this only if you don't have a replacement (smart)Phone.

b c2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
You cannot do any kind of reset!!! In order to do a reset either the side buttons have to work or you have to get to the settings screen. As I said in my first post the side buttons do not work so you cannot push all three and do a reset (I have had to do this before) it does not work for this.

Where should I go to contact Nokia?

b c2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Welp then you owe me something because you just lost a bet. I will say it only one more time, the buttons on the side of the phone DO NOT WORK!!! they are unresponsive. Took it into store and he did all those magic tricks (that I already did), I know how to reset the phone and it is pretty easy to find on here if I didn't, so any advice you have that involves using the side buttons (volume, power, camera) will not work, as I have said several times now

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Try holding the volume down and power buttons for 15 seconds. Most people think they've done it and they've just held the buttons down for maybe 5 seconds; it takes a lot longer than you expect. Look a clock if you need to because it really does feel like it's taking to long when you're doing it.

b c2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Are you flippin serious?? do people on here think because someone posts that they are incompetent? Because I knew someone was going to say something ridiculous like that I held it for 30 seconds waiting for a vibration. THE SIDE BUTTONS DO NOT RESPOND!!!! Can't say it any other way. If you read just above your post I also took it into the store and they did the same thing but guess what, it didn't work. Also, as I have stated I HAVE DONE THE RESET BEFORE I know what to do.

Please do not post a reply unless you can offer something helpful that someone else has not already stated. Harsha is the only one to provide anything that could potentially help.

This is the 4th time I have stated the side buttons don't work/are unresponsive and hoping it is the last

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So sad. I thought my buttons were broke last week b/c I initially pressed power and camera. Then I got it working doing the other thing we won't mention a fifth time. You need a drink. They'll probably give you another 920 if you're nice about it.

b c2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did hook it up the my PC and still nothing. It is the buttons because last night it was working temporarily when I would plug it in to the wall using the cord, but the buttons were the only part that would not function (so no the buttons won't work if the phone is started, read my original post :) ). After leaving it plugged in overnight plugging it into the wall doesn't even work. My PC will recognize it but that is about it, can't do anything. It is a hardware issue and AT&T is sending a new phone thanks to warranty. Just wish I could rely on the phone and not the warranty, when nothing was done to the actual device.

Phone is beyond bricked and just need my new one to get here asap

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did hook it up the my PC and still nothing. It is the buttons because last night it was working temporarily when I would plug it in to the wall using the cord, but the buttons were the only part that would not function (so no the buttons won't work if the phone is started, read my original post :) ). After leaving it plugged in overnight plugging it into the wall doesn't even work. My PC will recognize it but that is about it, can't do anything. It is a hardware issue and AT&T is sending a new phone thanks to warranty. Just wish I could rely on the phone and not the warranty, when nothing was done to the actual device.

Phone is beyond bricked and just need my new one to get here asap

That pretty much flat out sucks, I presume the screen is completely dead as well?

If not maybe hard reset via settings but that may not work since the L920 gets stuck in limbo sometimes and you need to soft reset by the side buttons - which would be no use to you what so ever since yours have cramped up. Or maybe try a remote wipe via find my phone (that may fix it or maybe not), anyway I hope your replacement phone gets to you in time for your wedding!.

b c2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The screen was working just fine last night when the buttons were not working. But this morning, after being plugged in all night, the screen will not come on so can't do the reset using the settings option

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If you don't want to contact nokia, Just get the proper tools, open the phone and disconnect/connect the battery (Wait 30 seconds or more before reconnecting).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea