Headphone Jack help Please!

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So my L920 prompts me to Speak a Command everytime I plug a set of headphones into my phone. Is this normal?
I've tried with 2 different 3.5mm male plugs and it happened. The jack itself seems ok until the very last cm which can require a strong push to secure the headphones in the jack. Do these phones support the longer 3.5mm headsets that my 3GS used...with the microphone and volume control built into them?
Please help
thanks

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
How old are the headphones you're plugging in? More modern headphones use a standard called CDMA but older ones use a standard called OMTP. Have you tried headphones you bought within the last few years? If this is what happens with modern headphones something is definitely wrong.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I actually kinda have the same problem. But it doesnt happen everytime I plug in my aux cord to my phone while in my car. If i turn the screen back on while its plugged in and playing music, the prompt sometimes appears asking me to say something. really annoying when it happens. I hope this little bug gets fixed. Im gonna try a new aux cable to see if it fixes the problem

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well at least I'm not the only one. It is repeatable in that I can cause it with at least one headset and one aux in my car.

Potato_Joe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having this problem on my 8x as well. Disabling speech under settings does not prevent the speak prompt from coming up for me. I will also lose part of the music that I'm listening to, either the lyrics or the background depending how the headphone plug is turned.

Potato_Joe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Fixed the problem by cleaning out my headphone jack. Turned off my phone, sprayed the plug end of my headphones with monitor cleaner. placed it in the jack and twisted and pulled out a clump of dust in the headphone jack. Dried out the headphone jack, turned it back on and it worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99