I am back with a 920!

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
"Do not know why I left."

I know why. You listened to all of the haters. It is good to see people coming back. Proves the grass certainly isnt greener on the other side.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
"Do not know why I left."

I know why. You listened to all of the haters. It is good to see people coming back. Proves the grass certainly isnt greener on the other side.

Absolutely true but sometimes you just need to go experience life elsewhere to know what you got at home. :love:

anon(5928073)

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!

Here's the list of phones I have been through before I stumbled upon the 920: mytouch 4g, iPhone 4, HTC 8x, BB Z10, Galaxy Note and now a 920!

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!

Here's the list of phones I have been through before I stumbled upon the 920: mytouch 4g, iPhone 4, HTC 8x, BB Z10, Galaxy Note and now a 920!

If you don't mind, could you share what brought you back? I too switched to a 4s at the beginning of the year, and ended up coming back as well. I just couldn't handle a different UX/UI, but I can't lie: iOS7 has me considering giving it another try because Microsoft is too stuck in their ways and taking too long for me. For example, they've already stated that they won't release a Siri/Google Now competitor until "the people are ready for it"....; seriously...? A company with that type of mentality is just too far gone imho...

anon(5928073)

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind, could you share what brought you back? I too switched to a 4s at the beginning of the year, and ended up coming back as well. I just couldn't handle a different UX/UI, but I can't lie: iOS7 has me considering giving it another try because Microsoft is too stuck in their ways and taking too long for me. For example, they've already stated that they won't release a Siri/Google Now competitor until "the people are ready for it"....; seriously...? A company with that type of mentality is just too far gone imho...

Honestly I liked every other OS but Windows intrigued me the most. Yes it has its pitfalls but none too bad at all. I personally feel that Apple's OS is just too simple and boring. 7 won't make it any better for me either. I see what you mean about something like siri or google now. A lot of people love that extra. I personally never use it. Pretty much ever haha.

I went to blackberry and found that the new OS is awesome. The HUB looks great.. But there are so many bugs with it. It was unbearable. I am sure it will improve but I just could not deal with it.

As for android, it was just too laggy. Same 'ol with them.

So I thought to myself.. Why did I leave the 8x? What was wrong with it?... Pretty much nothing for me. I love the buttery OS and its new.. But not too new.

Anything else you'd like to know?? Haha hope I answered your questions.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I liked every other OS but Windows intrigued me the most. Yes it has its pitfalls but none too bad at all. I personally feel that Apple's OS is just too simple and boring. 7 won't make it any better for me either. I see what you mean about something like siri or google now. A lot of people love that extra. I personally never use it. Pretty much ever haha.

I went to blackberry and found that the new OS is awesome. The HUB looks great.. But there are so many bugs with it. It was unbearable. I am sure it will improve but I just could not deal with it.

As for android, it was just too laggy. Same 'ol with them.

So I thought to myself.. Why did I leave the 8x? What was wrong with it?... Pretty much nothing for me. I love the buttery OS and its new.. But not too new.

Anything else you'd like to know?? Haha hope I answered your questions.

Pretty much spot on for me as well. iOS was "perfect" for the first few weeks because it way more apps (which I didn't care about in the first place), better support with updates, Siri, etc. Then, things just got too stale, and it took way too long for me to do things that I use to do in the blink of an eye with Windows Phone (like glancing at email quickly through a live tile, vs having to open the mail app, etc..). I've already gone down the Android route, and that was way too laggy and buggy for me as well: the only Android devices I will ever consider are Nexus devices, and only GSM Nexus devices at that.

Blackberry, as you said, is way too buggy, and basically in the same state windows phone 7 was in when it first came out. For me, it makes more sense to stick with something a little more established (and is finally getting attention from developers and companies) vs starting over with an OS that you just don't know is gonna make it or not

For me, I'll most likely keep an iPhone and a Lumia. I hate carrying two devices, but there isn't a single OS that is 100% for me yet. Windows Phone is probably at 95% for me...

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Cool man. Out of all the OS's I used (iOS, Android) I like my 920 the best too. Its the best camera phone with a smooth form factor. The 1020 takes great photos but I just can't get over that hump. 925-928 is a good alternative but I like the distinctive look on the 920. Best balance if form and function! I have a old iP4 though and still keep it incase there are new games not on WP8 yet. And its still a good music player lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett