How hot does your Lumia 920 get?

the_skyler

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I found that my 920 stopped getting warm (on it's own) when I disabled most apps in "background tasks" (I disabled like 8 apps all at once so I don't know what the culprit was). It still gets pretty warm when I'm streaming video (Metrotube, Netflix, etc) but otherwise no problems. The real beauty is that I haven't noticed any change in functionality... so no clue what that naughty app was doing to cause the problem! :/

Toxid_Fox

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
(READ THIS: I have only charged the phone with full cycles. That meaning that i let it die then fully recharged it and so on.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i recently (3 days ago) got my 920 and the first day it drained super fast, factory charge and new battery, nothing unusual. It got hot after a while then it froze, not the whole phone just the touch screen. I tried to use the touch screen but it just wont work so i had to do a soft reset then it worked. This repeated about 10 times or so the first day (not a good first impression but it being Nokia i trusted that it would get better).

The 1st and 2nd day were the weekend so i never got a perspective on how long the battery lasted under normal use since you always want to finger on the new phone ;). The same problem occured but now only once when i woke up and it did it again once before going to sleep(it was hot basically the whole day without heavy apps going but alot of use).

Then Monday came and the battery was horrible and drained about 25% on the 35 minute buss ride to school. The phone never really stopped to be hot and it drained like crazy, when i quit school just a few hours later it was down at 7% and then proceeded to die just 20 minutes after that.

Fast-forward to today and i was really surprised to see that the battery actually held up great on the buss ride to school and it only drainer 2% listening to spotify for 35 minutes it kept up great for the next 2-3hours and then when it started to get a little hot i turned it of the normal way and booted it up again and kept out great during the day and never got warm. Now at the evening i have had a hard time killing the battery with games and apps. I don't really know what to make of all of this but the battery seems to feel better when getting full cycles in the beginning.'

Should i turn in my phone because of the touch screen issue? I can only not use it when it gets warm like that and when i have the charger in i can't use it because then it stops responding to touch when it gets warm. I got a 6 month warranty on it so if anything goes wrong they fix it as long as they don't have to replace to phone.

captblaze

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
My experience with a warm or hot lumia has to do with the radio constantly searching for a signal.

Crap signal can also affect battery life.... This summer on vacation I was getting over a day on a full charge, at my house with poor signal I barely make it a day

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have great battery life but the phone gets so damn hot when I make calls or use apps. It is really annoying. This is the second 920 I've had. Can't wait to get another phone, but I still have another year to go with it

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
It usually gets uncomfortably warm when i'm browsing heavily or streaming video on LTE, or if its in my pocket and cant find a signal. Using 6sec makes the phone get hot to the point that my hands start to perspire regardless whether im on Wifi or LTE, and drains the battery rapidly. A few days ago my 920 mysteriously got blazing hot and went from 100% to 10% in 5 hours while idle. Since that event my battery life has visibly improved (lolwut?) now lasting minimum 24+ hours between charge at medium usage. The phone has stayed pretty cool to the touch since then as well.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not very. It gets a little warm at times when I'm charging it wirelessly or when I'm playing certain games, but never hot to the point of being painful to touch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon