New to Windows Phone... Issues with Music Display

Whachusay

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Windows phone for a few weeks now and I am having an issue when it comes to syncing my music to my phone which I can no longer ignore. I have roughly around 30GB of music, all of which I take a lot of time organizing. About half of that music, is Japanese or Korean.

Now previously, I had an iPhone, and I had no issues with the characters (Japanese, Korean) showing up correctly on my phone -- it showed as it appeared in iTunes. But, I had plenty of other complaints and I made the switch to the 920 and I love it -- but where I should be seeing Korean and Japanese characters I'm seeing weird little; I have attached screenshots.

Not all of my foreign music appears like this but some of it does, and call me weird, but I like organization when it comes to my music and I am hoping to find a solution to this. Any help from the Windows veterans on here will be greatly appreciated. :excited:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130803_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130803_0001.png
    105 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20130803_0003.png
    wp_ss_20130803_0003.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

Please check out this thread, since it has a lot of tips regarding music on Windows Phone. Hopefully, you'll find an answer there. If not please let us know, so someone will be able to offer further assistance.

Whachusay

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It seems I am still having the same issue. I deleted all my music from my phone, I downloaded media monkey to make sure my music was tagged correctly, and I am still seeing weird characters appear on my phone, even though it looks fine in Windows Media Player and Media Monkey. Any ideas?

John Bolin

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you ever got resolved but is it possible that Windows Phone is not capable of displaying text that doesn't use the Latin alphabet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire