08-22-2013 08:53 PM
127 ... 3456
tools
    Sorry guys this isn't the amber update.... :( Only the os version has changedAttachment 40193
    hey my phone is on cogging wheels , how much time was on it on rotating wheels , as i did faced some issue before getting the phone out of wheels :D
    08-15-2013 11:58 AM
    hey my phone is on cogging wheels , how much time was on it on rotating wheels , as i did faced some issue before getting the phone out of wheels :D
    It should take 5 mins
    08-15-2013 12:01 PM
    It should take 5 mins
    My phone had around 20 GB data and 9 GB left . It still on wheels for about over 10 mins now
    08-15-2013 12:08 PM
    can you go to settings and check for update again? some users reporting that they got another one after this
    08-15-2013 12:15 PM
    I successfully updated my phone and got all the above mentioned features except Nokia Pro/Smart cam and Storage app

And I've never had Xbox music How do I enable it?
    Last edited by sagsun0093; 08-16-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    08-16-2013 11:51 AM
    I successfully updated my phone and got all the above mentioned features except Nokia Pro/Smart cam and Storage app

And I've never had Xbox music How do I enable it?
    The nokia pro cam and the smart cammapps are available to download under nokia collection in the app store.

The stock music app IS xbox music. The music store and the xbox music pass service is not available in india. For that you have nokia music.
    08-16-2013 09:41 PM
    Thanks. I downloaded them from the store.

Something is messed up with my Nokia music. It keeps saying, "this phone is already registered with a Nokia Music Unlimited service" I don't know where to change the Account settings for it.
    08-16-2013 11:48 PM
    Thanks. I downloaded them from the store.

Something is messed up with my Nokia music. It keeps saying, "this phone is already registered with a Nokia Music Unlimited service" I don't know where to change the Account settings for it.
    If you have once signed in to a windows phone with a nokia account, you cant change that account even after device reset. You need to re-sign in with the same nokia account EVERY TIME a nokia sign in is required.
    08-17-2013 01:12 AM
    I get that.
    I had given the phone to Nokia care after it had bricked. They flashed it for me.When I opened Nokia music after that, it prompted me and I tried logging in with a different account. Ever since that it is stuck this way. Now where do I change the account settings to enter the account that was registered before?
    08-17-2013 01:48 AM
    can you go to settings and check for update again? some users reporting that they got another one after this
    there are 2 updates . 1.gdr2
    2.amber
    if cog continues press vol down and power button . wen the phone restarts again at windows logo screen press the keys in the following order 1.vol up 2.vol down 3.power 4.vol down.then wait n c
    08-17-2013 01:56 AM
    I get that.
    I had given the phone to Nokia care after it had bricked. They flashed it for me.When I opened Nokia music after that, it prompted me and I tried logging in with a different account. Ever since that it is stuck this way. Now where do I change the account settings to enter the account that was registered before?
    Settings -> Nokia account. If it does not give you an option to change account, try resetting the phone.
    sagsun0093 likes this.
    08-17-2013 02:03 AM
    there are 2 updates . 1.gdr2
    2.amber
    if cog continues press vol down and power button . wen the phone restarts again at windows logo screen press the keys in the following order 1.vol up 2.vol down 3.power 4.vol down.then wait n c
    Not necessarily. I got only one update. Had gdr2 and amber bundled together.
    ajeesh yacob likes this.
    08-17-2013 02:04 AM
    hey nitin,
    Does Find My Phone now include Mobile phone tracking in india cause earlier it was just Wipe,Ring n Lock. Tracking was not available.
    08-19-2013 02:51 PM
    hey nitin,
    Does Find My Phone now include Mobile phone tracking in india cause earlier it was just Wipe,Ring n Lock. Tracking was not available.
    It's still Ring/Lock/Erase only. I guess Indian Govt doesn't allow tracking of Mobiles. That's quite illegal in India.
    08-19-2013 09:44 PM
    I dont think so. There are numerous apps avaliable in android that track mobile phones. I wonder why there isnt any in windows phone!
    08-20-2013 08:56 AM
    Settings -> Nokia account. If it does not give you an option to change account, try resetting the phone.
    Can't believe I missed that. Thanks!
    08-20-2013 10:57 AM
    anyone else cant change the default search engine to Google? Attachment 39251
    Same here.. anybody found a solution for this?
    08-21-2013 01:28 AM
    Same here.. anybody found a solution for this?
    You can't and there will not be solution as WP wants to go against Google for their rudeness
    08-21-2013 04:33 AM
    Amber update on Lumia 820 has not removed the option of Google search as default in IE. I think its only happening on some 920s. It doesn't have anything to do with the Microsoft / Google issues.
    08-21-2013 04:37 AM
    Amber update on Lumia 820 has not removed the option of Google search as default in IE. I think its only happening on some 920s. It doesn't have anything to do with the Microsoft / Google issues.
    being sarcastic. not *some 920s*. It's removed from all Unbranded/non-carrier specific Lumia 920s
    08-21-2013 05:49 AM
    Guys, to all of you who have flashed the leaked Amber firmware, I will strongly recommend that once the official OTA update is available kindly reflash your phones to the old firmware (GDR1 - FW 1308/1314) and update through wifi. I say this becasue I have noticed a couple of bugs in this firmware:

1. There is a bug in the IE settings where it does not allow you to change default search engine to Google. (The two given options are Bing and Bing)
    2. Somehow the message and email notification tones sound weird (Nokia mail and Nokia Message). They are very short and low in volume. I am not sure if they are actually going to be like this in the new official firmware, but possibly could be buggy in this build.

Those who do not have the old firmware (version 1308) can currently download it through Nokia Care Suite.
    Rohit-Would you still advise we revert to Portico via NCS and resort to OTA for amber?As such I have no major issues -except possibly poorer battery life
    08-22-2013 01:00 AM
    Rohit-Would you still advise we revert to Portico via NCS and resort to OTA for amber?As such I have no major issues -except possibly poorer battery life
    There's no difference in the firmware which we shared/leaked, with OTA firmware. Both are exactly same.
    If you think OTA firmware solves your problem, you can go on and you will find it's the same in the end.
    Subramanian Krish likes this.
    08-22-2013 01:25 AM
    there are some more bugs in the leaked firmware like while changing the lock screen wallpaper stock images) would just close the page itself,ie have some bugs like it was laggy in my case,and when I contacted nokia acre for this they said your warranty will be voided if you flashed the these firmware's. I quickly redownloed the gdr1 files through navifirm and flashed my device,update my device to amber via ota and its working perfectly fine(touchwood) with lock screen bug fixed, ie is much better. Still its all up to you.
    08-22-2013 12:08 PM
    There's no difference in the firmware which we shared/leaked, with OTA firmware. Both are exactly same.
    If you think OTA firmware solves your problem, you can go on and you will find it's the same in the end.
    same reply,
    there are some more bugs in the leaked firmware like while changing the lock screen wallpaper stock images) would just close the page itself,ie have some bugs like it was laggy in my case,and when I contacted nokia acre for this they said your warranty will be voided if you flashed the these firmware's. I quickly redownloed the gdr1 files through navifirm and flashed my device,update my device to amber via ota and its working perfectly fine(touchwood) with lock screen bug fixed, ie is much better. Still its all up to you.
    08-22-2013 12:08 PM
    same reply,
    I'm sorry but I have no such bug and I flashed the leaked firmware. While it is true that your warranty might get void if Nokia finds out you flashed leaked firmware, the "bugs" you speak of are non existent. There is no difference between the official and leaked firmwares so please stop spreading FUD.
    08-22-2013 12:27 PM
127 ... 3456