Change Log for Lumia 920 Amber [India]

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
yep. Seems like two "Bing" options are there. Could be bug or may be still Amber is getting updated!

This isn't the bug with French firmware though. I have Google and Bing as normal on the French firmware I am using on my UK phone.

I think the Indian version may have been buggy and so will be the French one to an extent. There is a reason they are being tested by carriers etc.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It's not Amber firmware. The firmware size is around 1.3GB and version number looks like this 3001.xxxxx

If only people were to read my entire post instead of just sharing the link, you would come to know that its a compressed winrar file. once you extract it, it will be full 1.3 GB. And yes it is GDR2. Its for lumia 920 CV_India_White - 059R2B9. Plus the file is password protected. Password - lumia920india

Amit Arora1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
All right guys, here's the link for Lumia 920 India Country Variant. Its for product code - 059R2B9. It is GDR2. The firmware number is 3047.0000.1326.2001. The file is a compressed RAR, once you extract it, it will be 1.3 GB. And finally its password protected.

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!JI10GDDB!aKGQxnObgsWyJah3_6UZiyYt8mQdwr-__lZzp8KgP2U
Password: lumia920india

Thanks for link.. but can you help by telling or directing where to find guide to update using this file?

Thanks!!!

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for link.. but can you help by telling or directing where to find guide to update using this file?

Thanks!!!

0. Do NOT connect your phone to your PC right now.
1. Extract all files to "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\..."
2. Open Nokia Care Suite->Product Support Tool for Nokia-> Sign in as Care Suite External.
3. In the lower right corner, click on 'Online' and select 'Work Offline'
4. Select 'File' Menu -> Open Product-> Select RM-821 ->Open
5. In the lower left corner click on 'Programming' -> Recovery
6. If everything works out fine, you should see a 'Start' button come up in the main window. Click on it. It will say something like 'Phone not found..' and will give detailed instruction to press certain buttons and click on retry.
7. Switch off your phone, connect it to the PC, hold the buttons as asked and click on retry. If you did it right, the phone will retsart and flashing will start. The window on your PC will let you know once the flashing is completed.

Please Note: Do this only if you are confident enough and have done sufficient online research on it. If something goes wrong, it is not my responsibility. In exceptional circumstances, this can even void your warranty if your phone bricks and Nokia Care guys come to realize you were trying to tinker with firmware flashing.

​All said and done, good luck with it. :)

Last edited:

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think there are lots of graphics improvements made GDR2. Start screen and transitions are even more smooth. Even frame rates in temple run have improved quite a bit! The best part is color profile through which i am getting very rich colors on lumia 920 just like an amoled screen! Well done Nokia and Microsoft

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Camera has also improved dramatically! Low light images are no more blurry! Very satisfying! I am still not able to check whether battery has improved.

Attentive phone features are working flawlessly and are pretty handy.

Is there any way that radio could be played through phone speakers instead of headphones?

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Can somebody confirm if they can see 'Podcasts' option in the Store, along with Apps, Games, Apps from Nokia? I want to be able to subscribe to podcasts (I do have an app but would prefer it this way)
I have the 920 since Jan and I am not able to see it. My country on the phone is India and on Live account is India too. I tried switching to US but I still don't see it.
Interestingly, my wife's 520, which was recently bought and has 1314 firmware, allows Music and Podcasts in the store, with the country 'India' everywhere.

I wish to know if GDR2 is going to enable that option for me. So, can somebody confirm if it was visible BEFORE and/or AFTER GDR2?

Thank you
Nilesh

Chand Darling

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Camera has also improved dramatically! Low light images are no more blurry! Very satisfying! I am still not able to check whether battery has improved.

Attentive phone features are working flawlessly and are pretty handy.

Is there any way that radio could be played through phone speakers instead of headphones?

Tap and hold on the station, It shows you options and you can play via Phone speakers :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss