There something wrong with my 920 :( (Super fast Battery drain)

Edgar Ochoa

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It started last night and it has continued to occur today.
I left it charging all night and it says that it was at 100% but after a few minutes it goes to 0% and turns off.
I then have to soft reset for it to turn on and the battery is 10 or so less than before it went directly to zero.
I have been doing this for the past few hours but it is a hassle because I don't know if my phone is off or sleep with the battery activity going on.
here are a few pics from battery sense and settings to show what I mean.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130805_0009.jpg
    wp_ss_20130805_0009.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 9
  • wp_ss_20130805_0011.jpg
    wp_ss_20130805_0011.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20130805_0008.jpg
    wp_ss_20130805_0008.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 7

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
How does it hold using it with the charging cable attached? I would uninstall any app you d/led the past week and see if it helps first, especially the ones that use GPS.

Is your battery hot during this up down process.

Edgar Ochoa

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
How does it hold using it with the charging cable attached? I would uninstall any app you d/led the past week and see if it helps first, especially the ones that use GPS.

Is your battery hot during this up down process.

With the cable attached, it still decreases but steadily instead of a steep drop to 0%. I might try deleting some of my apps. what is weird is that after I soft reset, the battery goes back up. I would think that it would be a bad battery not retaining energy but once I hard reset, the battery percentage goes back up, which is very odd.

Edgar Ochoa

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
My wife just replaced hers due to a similar problem. She called att and they sent her a new phone.

I might go this route, though i do have some questions. Was it a hassle or was it fairly easy? do you know if the amount of time you've had the phone matters? I've had my phone for nearly 9 months now with a few dings (nothing major though)

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had the problem its its sporadic, happens every couple of days and then its fine. I think its more of a bug in the OS but well you can return it if you'd like.

Farhan Arif Sahi

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Boys I have one thing to share with you about battery life. I have bought my lumia 920 2 days before and after using few hours i updated my phone to latest amber update. After that i felt that my phone battery was draining 7%/ hour and sometimes more. So I searched all over the internet about this problem of battery draining and come to this conclusion.

Please do the following thing:

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Don?t put it on automatic)

Now I will tell you what happened when I did this. I charged my phone all night and unplugged it at 6.00AM (9 Dec 2013) still now it has 55% battery at 00.32 AM (10 Dec 2013)

18 Hours of usage including whatsapp, Wifi On(all the time), Browsing and random stuff on phone.

Please do this. I hope it will work for you too.

Farhan Arif Sahi

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a bad battery. Return.

Boys I have one thing to share with you about battery life. I have bought my lumia 920 2 days before and after using few hours i updated my phone to latest amber update. After that i felt that my phone battery was draining 7%/ hour and sometimes more. So I searched all over the internet about this problem of battery draining and come to this conclusion.

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Don?t put it on automatic)

Now I will tell you what happened when I did this. I charged my phone all night and unplugged it at 6.00AM (9 Dec 2013) still now it has 55% battery at 00.32 AM (10 Dec 2013)

18 Hours of usage including whatsapp, Wifi On(all the time), Browsing and random stuff on phone.

Farhan Arif Sahi

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
With the cable attached, it still decreases but steadily instead of a steep drop to 0%. I might try deleting some of my apps. what is weird is that after I soft reset, the battery goes back up. I would think that it would be a bad battery not retaining energy but once I hard reset, the battery percentage goes back up, which is very odd.

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Don’t put it on automatic)

Farhan Arif Sahi

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
It started last night and it has continued to occur today.
I left it charging all night and it says that it was at 100% but after a few minutes it goes to 0% and turns off.
I then have to soft reset for it to turn on and the battery is 10 or so less than before it went directly to zero.
I have been doing this for the past few hours but it is a hassle because I don't know if my phone is off or sleep with the battery activity going on.
here are a few pics from battery sense and settings to show what I mean.

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Don’t put it on automatic)

NickG92

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

That dosen't work, i have had those settings from start, i have the same problem as TS and it is some kind of bug because i got it after i updated to amber and i have already changed the battery and that did nothing, getting real tired of Nokia for not fixing this!!

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Make sure there are no webpages open , close tabs. The pages will keep running even when you are not in them. I found this out when logged into my webcam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss