Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

It started last night and it has continued to occur today.
    I left it charging all night and it says that it was at 100% but after a few minutes it goes to 0% and turns off.
    I then have to soft reset for it to turn on and the battery is 10 or so less than before it went directly to zero.
    I have been doing this for the past few hours but it is a hassle because I don't know if my phone is off or sleep with the battery activity going on.
    here are a few pics from battery sense and settings to show what I mean.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130805_0009.jpg   wp_ss_20130805_0011.jpg   wp_ss_20130805_0008.jpg  
    08-05-2013 11:09 PM
    Have you installed any new apps since this problem started?

If so, which apps?
    08-05-2013 11:25 PM
    Have you installed any new apps since this problem started?

If so, which apps?
    no, I haven't installed any apps since the problem started.
    08-05-2013 11:31 PM
    Yeah its common, I've been trying to figure it out for months
    08-05-2013 11:38 PM
    How does it hold using it with the charging cable attached? I would uninstall any app you d/led the past week and see if it helps first, especially the ones that use GPS.

Is your battery hot during this up down process.
    08-05-2013 11:39 PM
    My wife just replaced hers due to a similar problem. She called att and they sent her a new phone.
    08-05-2013 11:39 PM
    Yeah its common, I've been trying to figure it out for months
    I wasn't aware of it. this is the first time it has happened to me.
    08-05-2013 11:48 PM
    How does it hold using it with the charging cable attached? I would uninstall any app you d/led the past week and see if it helps first, especially the ones that use GPS.

Is your battery hot during this up down process.
    With the cable attached, it still decreases but steadily instead of a steep drop to 0%. I might try deleting some of my apps. what is weird is that after I soft reset, the battery goes back up. I would think that it would be a bad battery not retaining energy but once I hard reset, the battery percentage goes back up, which is very odd.
    08-05-2013 11:52 PM
    My wife just replaced hers due to a similar problem. She called att and they sent her a new phone.
    I might go this route, though i do have some questions. Was it a hassle or was it fairly easy? do you know if the amount of time you've had the phone matters? I've had my phone for nearly 9 months now with a few dings (nothing major though)
    08-05-2013 11:56 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery. Return.
    08-06-2013 08:50 AM
    once restart ur phone.. remove tat battery app too.. check if the prob exists..
    08-06-2013 10:35 AM
    I've had the problem its its sporadic, happens every couple of days and then its fine. I think its more of a bug in the OS but well you can return it if you'd like.
    08-06-2013 05:09 PM
    Boys I have one thing to share with you about battery life. I have bought my lumia 920 2 days before and after using few hours i updated my phone to latest amber update. After that i felt that my phone battery was draining 7%/ hour and sometimes more. So I searched all over the internet about this problem of battery draining and come to this conclusion.

Please do the following thing:

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Dont put it on automatic)

Now I will tell you what happened when I did this. I charged my phone all night and unplugged it at 6.00AM (9 Dec 2013) still now it has 55% battery at 00.32 AM (10 Dec 2013)

18 Hours of usage including whatsapp, Wifi On(all the time), Browsing and random stuff on phone.

Please do this. I hope it will work for you too.
    12-09-2013 04:41 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery. Return.
    Boys I have one thing to share with you about battery life. I have bought my lumia 920 2 days before and after using few hours i updated my phone to latest amber update. After that i felt that my phone battery was draining 7%/ hour and sometimes more. So I searched all over the internet about this problem of battery draining and come to this conclusion.

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Dont put it on automatic)

Now I will tell you what happened when I did this. I charged my phone all night and unplugged it at 6.00AM (9 Dec 2013) still now it has 55% battery at 00.32 AM (10 Dec 2013)

18 Hours of usage including whatsapp, Wifi On(all the time), Browsing and random stuff on phone.

12-09-2013 04:42 PM
    With the cable attached, it still decreases but steadily instead of a steep drop to 0%. I might try deleting some of my apps. what is weird is that after I soft reset, the battery goes back up. I would think that it would be a bad battery not retaining energy but once I hard reset, the battery percentage goes back up, which is very odd.

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Don’t put it on automatic)

12-09-2013 04:42 PM
    It started last night and it has continued to occur today.
    I left it charging all night and it says that it was at 100% but after a few minutes it goes to 0% and turns off.
    I then have to soft reset for it to turn on and the battery is 10 or so less than before it went directly to zero.
    I have been doing this for the past few hours but it is a hassle because I don't know if my phone is off or sleep with the battery activity going on.
    here are a few pics from battery sense and settings to show what I mean.

1)Go to Settings> mobile network > Network Selection > Just Select your network( Don’t put it on automatic)

12-09-2013 04:43 PM
    12-09-2013 04:52 PM
    how to clean all history of nokia lumia 920
    01-13-2014 04:56 AM

That dosen't work, i have had those settings from start, i have the same problem as TS and it is some kind of bug because i got it after i updated to amber and i have already changed the battery and that did nothing, getting real tired of Nokia for not fixing this!!
    01-13-2014 07:58 PM
    Make sure there are no webpages open , close tabs. The pages will keep running even when you are not in them. I found this out when logged into my webcam
    01-13-2014 08:06 PM
    After Lumia black update my battery drained very quickly until I did a soft reset
    02-10-2014 08:27 PM