Nokia Lumia EU ROM GDR2+Amber Download Link

kylized

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I just followed the instructions and AMBER is now in my Lumia 920. Thank you VegaNovus
PS: remember to remove "xxxxxxxx_" before "RM821_....." in the FILES, including the "xxxxxxxx_" before "CustomerNvi...."

Garfunko

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have amber running Vega, Thanks for all the help yesterday. I have a simple question:

In the settings-about info, I don't see that nice Amber logo, yet I seem to have all the functionality, glance screen , double tap, radio, storage fix etc, data sense.

My version is : 3047.0000.1326.2002
Is this the amber ? If so, why dont I have that amber logo ? I know its not system critical, just wondering :p

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Nah bro, I have the same phone, Unlocked Version. I must be the stupidest person on this forums. I followed exactly what VegaNovus said, and still continue to have problems..

Recovery Failed:
0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

I'm about to get myself OWNED if someone finds my mistake...

I tried it on my AT&T Lumia 920 White too. I got the same error message as you...
I know this is for 821, so can we flash this on our 820?!

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a Recovery Failed: Unable to get error message

Any help?

Make sure to select "Work offline"

I have amber running Vega, Thanks for all the help yesterday. I have a simple question:

In the settings-about info, I don't see that nice Amber logo, yet I seem to have all the functionality, glance screen , double tap, radio, storage fix etc, data sense.

My version is : 3047.0000.1326.2002
Is this the amber ? If so, why dont I have that amber logo ? I know its not system critical, just wondering :p

Extras + info

I tried it on my AT&T Lumia 920 White too. I got the same error message as you...
I know this is for 821, so can we flash this on our 820?!

Not 100% sure, it should work, but may cause unexpected issues

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

NO YOU CANNOT
flash Lumia 920 firmware on Lumia 820!!
Sorry, I should make myself more clear, I was talking about the 820 firmware not lumia 820.
I flashed the Rogers 820 pre-portico rom on my phone and trying to update via phone now, then I will try flashing the EU ROM GDR2....

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Selected care suite external
Selected "work offline"
File>Open
Selected rm-821
Programming>recovery

Start
Verifying package...waits a few seconds
Recovery Failed: Unable to get error message

Edit: It's says I'm currently rm-820, but I'm assuming this isn't important and I can flash rm-821? It's still a lumia 920

Epic Pie

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Selected care suite external
Selected "work offline"
File>Open
Selected rm-821
Programming>recovery

Start
Verifying package...waits a few seconds
Recovery Failed: Unable to get error message

Try disconnecting the phone from the computer, start, then when it asks you to soft reset, connect it again, do the soft reset, then click retry.

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Some progress. It gets further before failing with this:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Some progress. It gets further before failing with this:

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

It seems a lot of people who have the "RM-820" model are having this problem.

After all, they are different variant codes.

Try replace the "821" with "820" in all of the 11 files, see if that works

ADDED: Also, is your phone turned on?

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Phone is on. I'll try renaming.

Rename just causes more errors. At this point, I'm assuming no one with an ATT version of this phone has gotten this to work?

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah don't think he was talking about Lumia 820, but rather RM-820

Just finish flashing the RM-821 EU GDR2 + Amber ROM on my AT&T Lumia 920! :D
I had to first flash the Rogers pre-portico ROM and then did 2 OTA updates. (Others say only need to do one, but I wasn't sure if one was enough....)
Then after that, I flashed the RM-821! GDR2+Amber ROM!

and i'm a 'she' btw :p

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just finish flashing the RM-821 EU GDR2 + Amber ROM on my AT&T Lumia 920! :D
I had to first flash the Rogers pre-portico ROM and then did 2 OTA updates. (Others say only need to do one, but I wasn't sure if one was enough....)
Then after that, I flashed the RM-821! GDR2+Amber ROM!

and i'm a 'she' btw :p

Good stuff, happy to hear it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)