Nokia Lumia EU ROM GDR2+Amber Download Link

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I must be the only person not able to flash my 920.....
I've done everything to the letter, and had to rename the files to only RM-821_*** and are all the same as in the pic from post #119.... But upon "Verifying data" I get an recovery error.

I've read and re-read but nothing seems to take. Even restarted, unplug/plug USB etc etc
Any help?

Sepulviditz

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well so far so good, battery was improved, at least on stand by mode, the only things is that i was getting error code 8000ffff in some apps that i want to restore, other than that everything is working flawlesly, data sense, fm radio , glance and performance, about the camera apps i still need to do some tests.
if i can help on something just let me know, greetings !!

gilnfld

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,
For those of you who have done this on a Rogers phone, I have a few questions. First, I see that one of the files included in the firmware is NW8***Simunlock***.bin. I just want to confirm, this has not effect on the locked/unlocked status of one's phone, correct? Wont leave me a with a locked phone? Second, has anyone here mannaged to go from a RM-820 to 821 and then BACK TO a RM-820. I have the latest rogers firmware on my L920Black and want to give this flash a go; I just want to make sure that once the full RM820 GDR2 becomes officially available for our product code that I can easily flash back. I realize this will get rid of my LTE bands in canada and am not too concrened about it at the moment but I would like to have the option to return back to a NA firmware. Thanks and, nice to meet you all. I have been lurking around here since the early WP8 days but have not been participating. would love to start....
gs

Paulsalame

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having trouble downloading nokia care suite, the torrent does not work for some reason. Can anyone help me with this ?

It says that the system cannot find the path specified .

dpiranda

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I must be the only person not able to flash my 920.....
I've done everything to the letter, and had to rename the files to only RM-821_*** and are all the same as in the pic from post #119.... But upon "Verifying data" I get an recovery error.

I've read and re-read but nothing seems to take. Even restarted, unplug/plug USB etc etc
Any help?

Post #127 maybe help you.

Last edited:

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had some issue with the drivers not beeing initialized or whatever. I had to do this on another computer but the tutorial itself is good. Thanks!

carloshoodios

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey all...I have never flashed WP roms before but I have flashed a ton of Android so just wondered. If I flash the Amber update will I still be able to get official updates in the future or am I stuck with flashing a new rom every time there is an update? Thanks!

ajeesh yacob

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey all...I have never flashed WP roms before but I have flashed a ton of Android so just wondered. If I flash the Amber update will I still be able to get official updates in the future or am I stuck with flashing a new rom every time there is an update? Thanks!

i also have this doubt.. somebody there?

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you this..

I'm USA AT&T so I flashed the Roger pre-portico, did one OTA update and then flashed the UE GDR2 Amber rom. It works fine.

I wanted to try and go back to an AT&T rom and I can't.

I tried to flash the Roger
pre-portico rom again and I get the following:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

So I guess I can no longer go back to an AT&T Rom.... Just an FYI from my findings.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The question now arises whether or not to force the upgrade. I don't really care about losing data, I'm more concerned about whether these builds are leaked or earlier versions than the OTA ones that'll come out soon.

The pain of Xbox music is slightly lesser, camera is much better, pictures on tiles are crispier and phone is snappy even after all the crapps on it and about 18 GB of music on it. I am sure they have made changes to how the phone handles temp files and how it runs things in background. My whatsapp hasn't given me that pop up error yet. Overall even if this is a beta build and if you can't wait like me, go for it! I don't care about my data back or setting up my phone, only takes me like 30 minutes max! If I find that OTA on EE has better reviews when it is released, I will flash 1308 EE firmware again, get OTA update and pretend like I was a good boy.

Most likely yes if you flash SAME product code ROM/firmware. If you have UK phone and flash French or Indian ROM, OTA may not come to you. But you can always switch of official firmware and update by OTA when OTA is available.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an ATT branded lumia 920 (RM-820) and yesterday I followed the directions to update the phone using the EU GDR2 firmware by going through the Rogers pre-portico update. I want to go back to the AT&T firmware now but whenever I try to flash it using either 1314 or pre-portico 1242 I receive the following error:

Recovery failed.

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Has anyone managed to go back to RM-820?

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you this..

I'm USA AT&T so I flashed the Roger pre-portico, did one OTA update and then flashed the UE GDR2 Amber rom. It works fine.

I wanted to try and go back to an AT&T rom and I can't.

I tried to flash the Roger
pre-portico rom again and I get the following:

So I guess I can no longer go back to an AT&T Rom.... Just an FYI from my findings.

I guess I'm not the only one with this issue who wants to go back to the AT&T firmware.

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded last night, just followed instructions and worked just fine (nokia 920, rm-821 here, I'm from Chile). Everything is working fine, data sense, call/sms blocker. The only thing i've noticed is that 3G is slower, comparing to my previos setup (i had 1308 rom, from Claro Chile).

Had to remover the first characters befor "rm-821" of files extracted from the zip. You have to follow instructions and it just works....but i got three errors at the begining, because i was holding the volume down all the time. Just release it when the phone vibrates.

Greetings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786