Stupid question about wireless charging

addz77

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a hybrid case around my 920. Can i still wireless charge it with it on or do i need to remove the case.
Forgive the stupid question.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You could just give it a try. I don't know how thick your case is but I've gone to only using the cc-1043 which works on a wireless charger

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the otterbox defender case which adds quite a bit of bulk and wireless charging still works fine. I believe it will work through 10mm of thickness provided it is not metal I.e. Wood or plastic should be fine.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Definitely depends on the case. I'm using the Incipio Dual Pro case and I'm able to charge with it on the phone. I'm sure some of the bulkier cases would prevent that, though.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Definitely depends on the case. I'm using the Incipio Dual Pro case and I'm able to charge with it on the phone. I'm sure some of the bulkier cases would prevent that, though.

I'm using the same case with no problems, I'd say as long as the case has no metal it will be just fine.

BTW does wireless charging work on the principles of the old time wire coil or wire choke coil

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Metal case will block charging (and antennas).
Plastic or wood cases will work, the thicker the case the farther the phone is from the charger...the bigger the distance the lower the efficiency. Thin cases you will not notice a difference, thicker cases may charge slower and produce more heat...if it is too far away you won't get charging at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte