Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

I'm stuck at Step 5. When I hit Update list, nothing happens? Where do I select rogers ROM?

I extracted the two ROMs and now have these folders in Products:
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm 820
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm 821

What I am missing?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

For those who has it working? I read that all features works but nobody said if the FM Radio works. Does it work too?

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Just getting ready to go through with all of this.. Couple questions that I'm still unsure of. So you guys are confirming that LTE speeds are where they should be? Will this kill the ability to OTA update down the road? And are there any differences between at&t's firmware and the eu dev one other than maybe keyboard settings and time zones?

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I could successfully flash and update Rogers ROM, but now when I try to start flashing Euro Dev ROM I get an error message:
"C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\B1E09708_RM821_059S6R5_3047.0000.1326.2002_068.vpl has invalid signature."

Should I download the archive again?

Edit: Found the solution here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236327-4.htm#post2072271

I finally flashed Amber :)) Thanks everyone for the help!

Last edited:

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if I'm just crazy after staying up so late doing this.. But I'm on Amber. :) And here is the funny thing.. My LTE speeds went from 30down/8up to now 52down/16up in Amber. I am content.

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Hey All - I have an unlocked ATT 920 - has been working fine on the Telus network. Have the access point app that gave me the correct settings for internet sharing and tethering has been working like a charm. Will I still be able to do that with the unbranded ROM? Will this remove me from ATT OTA updates? From my reading of the forums they seem to be quite slow in pushing changes. I was actually wondering before about somehow sticking the Rogers ROM on the 920? This may be a better solution.

KiranKumarS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I have unlocked At&t Nokia Lumia 920. I am just curious to know, after following this process, my mobile will be still unlocked? I am using lycamobile sim in USA on my unlocked AT&T Lumia 920, will I be able to continue to use Lycamobile sim?

Please suggest.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Are old SMS messages still synced to your phone after doing this with an ATT phone? What about future OTAs?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Are old SMS messages still synced to your phone after doing this with an ATT phone? What about future OTAs?

yes. When you set up your phone, make sure that you sign in right away. It will give you the option to restore from the backup in the cloud. All apps and texts and settings are then reinstalled on the new rom. App data is lost.

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

As far as I know, the SMS messages will still be synced to your outlook.com account (someone please correct me if I am wrong). I am also wondering about future OTA's.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Just getting ready to go through with all of this.. Couple questions that I'm still unsure of. So you guys are confirming that LTE speeds are where they should be? Will this kill the ability to OTA update down the road? And are there any differences between at&t's firmware and the eu dev one other than maybe keyboard settings and time zones?

yes, after you're done flashing, open access point in settings, and choose "LTE 1 - Lumia". You should get a little "L" symbol next to signal strength, this stands for LTE. As for speeds, I'm getting close to 40mb/s, so I'm pretty sure that its LTE. The ota updates in the future will come from from the euro dev updates. They should come faster than att, and you can always flash back if you want. All keyboard/region/language differences can be changed in settings.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that info. One thing though. Lets say we want to go back to an ATT ROM at some point. Are we going to have to hope there's a downloadable ROM outside the Nokia Suit to be able to do it? Since in this case, we can't just download these ROMs from Nokia Suite since our current ROMs are ATT. Afterwards, our phones won't show as ATT anymore, so I'm assuming if we flash this, the only way to go back to ATT is to download a ROM, if available, from the internet somewhere. Am I right about this?

Oh, and I guess we will lose ability to use ATT Locker too right?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for that info. One thing though. Lets say we want to go back to an ATT ROM at some point. Are we going to have to hope there's a downloadable ROM outside the Nokia Suit to be able to do it? Since in this case, we can't just download these ROMs from Nokia Suite since our current ROMs are ATT. Afterwards, our phones won't show as ATT anymore, so I'm assuming if we flash this, the only way to go back to ATT is to download a ROM, if available, from the internet somewhere. Am I right about this?

Oh, and I guess we will lose ATT Locker too right?

when you want to go back to the ATT rom, just open the product support tool, click tools, click firmware download, type in the att Lumia 920 predict code, and download the firmware. If it doesn't install, install the Rogers rom, and then the att rom. Also, all AT&T carrier apps still show in the store as "AT&T featured". Cartier apps on WP depend on the sim card that the phone is using to connect to the network, not the firmware. I can download ATT Locker and I've already downloaded myAT&T (family plan).

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

ANyone else having issues downloading the Euro rom? Link doesnt seem to work. Tries to connect then fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss