Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

retro_to_biggy58

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Help here.

0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed

or not signed for this device.

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001106:

Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed

for this device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariant

PackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

i got this error when i tried to flash my Lumia 925 with Hk rom.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I suppose the only big question left to ask is this: What's so special about the French ROM? The RM-821 models have LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8, and 20. The RM-820 has LTE bands 4 and 17. Does the ROM failing to account for this not matter? Is anything actually preferable about the French ROM (aside from being unbranded), or does any RM-821 ROM serve just as well?

yes, the rm-820 is preferable only because it is unbranded. I didn't really want to make people have to see Rogers logos/apps on their at&t or international phone just to get Amber/GDR2.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Help here.

0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed

or not signed for this device.

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001106:

Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed

for this device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariant

PackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

i got this error when i tried to flash my Lumia 925 with Hk rom.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Lumia 925s. You might want to check out the 925 forum for that one. I think that the problem is that you're using a ROM meant for a 925 with different product code (country variant).

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
And with GDR3 about a month and a half away, benefits of this "easy" (yeah, right) flash are not as apparent. This flash is NOT easy.

With AT&T's speed on this we may need these techniques once GDR3 has been released. I'm wondering if they might be planning to skip GDR2 or delay GDR3 out to 2014.

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. As I noted, I will wait, but it is getting to be unbearable with others receiving the update almost daily.

May have more Qs later!

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
yes, the rm-820 is preferable only because it is unbranded. I didn't really want to make people have to see Rogers logos/apps on their at&t or international phone just to get Amber/GDR2.

RM-820? I didn't say anything about RM-820 ROMs. I was asking why the French ROM (RM-821) was being used instead of other country variants. I'm also not entirely sure how the LTE radios function with the RM-821 ROMs (on an RM-820), because they apparently use entirely different bands.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to report that the OnStar RemoteLink app isn't working after I did this (French ROM). But this also after I switched to AIO, so it's hard to say which caused it, but I can't wee why that switch would break it. The RemoteLink app will startup saying that there is no network connection available (even though I have 4G and WiFi on). I think it's related to this, because it worked prior.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to report that the OnStar RemoteLink app isn't working after I did this (French ROM). But this also after I switched to AIO, so it's hard to say which caused it, but I can't wee why that switch would break it. The RemoteLink app will startup saying that there is no network connection available (even though I have 4G and WiFi on). I think it's related to this, because it worked prior.

I don't see a reason for why the app would stop working on this ROM. I have downloaded the app, and was able to connect.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm missing something...probably something small and obvious.

I downloaded all three files, extracted the installer, ran it, then I copied over the "usergroupsconfiguration.cfg" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0" (not that it seems to matter, as I'm having problems even when I use the default file).
I extracted both FW files to "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages".

I open the "Nokia Care Suite" then open "Product Support Tool For Store 5.0", go offline, select "RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920)" then go to "Programming -> Recovery" and the list is empty. If I click "Update list" it remains empty.

What am I doing wrong?

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm missing something...probably something small and obvious.

I downloaded all three files, extracted the installer, ran it, then I copied over the "usergroupsconfiguration.cfg" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0" (not that it seems to matter, as I'm having problems even when I use the default file).
I extracted both FW files to "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages".

I open the "Nokia Care Suite" then open "Product Support Tool For Store 5.0", go offline, select "RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920)" then go to "Programming -> Recovery" and the list is empty. If I click "Update list" it remains empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Point it to the rm-820 folder and it should find it

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe there is a browse button there not entirely sure since I'm not in front on my computer. But in that preferences menu I believe it does say browse where you can change the path name

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet and flashed my unlocked AT&T Lumia 920 (on Softbank in Japan) and all went well.

Thanks for the great instructions. Followed to the letter and there were no surprises. Now I can be reasonably certain GDR3 will arrive on schedule.

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You need to create a folder within the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages called Products. o the whole URL where you will place the RM files should read:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products

once you do this, your files will show up in the Nokia Care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb