Live tiles for Amazing Weather and Bing Weather aren't updating

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My live tiles for the weather apps aren't updating. Background tasks are enabled for them. I've restarted the phone. Only thing that helps is going into the apps. Kind of defeats the purpose of a live tile, right? Is there a known bug? And workaround? The Amazing Weather dev doesn't answer my email. Thanks

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems with either updating. I only had Bing Weather installed for a short time though, but it seemed to work fine for the few hours that I tried it. As for Amazing Weather, my tiles and lock screen have been quite reliable with updating. I'm using Lumia 822 on Verizon.

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't update for me. I have to go into the app and close the app before it updates. Seems useless live tile. Nokia 928

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Go into your background tasks setting & make sure it's allowed. Also try having no more than 6 allowed as I heard this can cause some trouble (it might, it might not).

Also, try turning the phone on and off. I've noticed that sometimes a reboot (holding sleep & volume down) "breaks" my live tiles but a shutdown & power up seems to fix them.

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned, the background tasks are enabled (only these two) and a restart did not help. They used to work, not sure what the deal is. L920 here.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned, the background tasks are enabled (only these two) and a restart did not help. They used to work, not sure what the deal is. L920 here.

Did you try removing/reinstalling the tile? Or, removing/reinstalling the app itself? Sometimes that seems to work for these types of problems, sometimes not.

digaos

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My live tiles for the weather apps aren't updating. Background tasks are enabled for them. I've restarted the phone. Only thing that helps is going into the apps. Kind of defeats the purpose of a live tile, right? Is there a known bug? And workaround? The Amazing Weather dev doesn't answer my email. Thanks

I had the same issue with Amazing Weather HD and it was driving me nuts. My lock screen also refused to update. Here's what fixed it:

1) Remove the tile
2) Uninstall de app
3) Clear IE history
3) Soft reset (volume down + power)
4) Reinstall app
5) Pin the tile back

Good luck and let us know if it works for you

Vitte

May 13, 2014
Visit site
For me, Bing Weather live tile sometimes work and other times doesn't. This thread is 1 years old now, so how come the app still has issues, or is it just for Windows 8.1?

The lock screen NEVER works, I've tried the above steps twice; the second time I shutdown/restarted the phone after the soft-reset.

The part the really gets me is that the Weather Bug app's lock screen works perfectly fine, but Bing Weather is from... Microsoft themselves, ironic? Regardless, Weather Bug's adds bother me and I would like to know if there are any good alternatives?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Bing Weather seems to be draining my battery. Anyone experience the same thing??
Bing weather was draining the battery faster than other weather apps on my 925. For awhile now I'm using 4castr (set to update every hour) and battery life has improved.

Vitte

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I find 4castr hard to navigate, almost impossible to scroll back up from the hour detail view and radar view.
It boggles my mind that these Windows apps get positive reviews but dont work.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I find 4castr hard to navigate, almost impossible to scroll back up from the hour detail view and radar view.
It boggles my mind that these Windows apps get positive reviews but dont work.
Navigation is different in the app compared to other weather apps. For me I have no difficulty. Of all the weather apps I've used, 4castr has been one of the most accurate for my location. Being in Oklahoma I like the voice weather warning notification that 4castr offers. 4castr and Amazing Weather HD have been my favorites. I love the Blue Skies app, too. The Bing weather app is decent, but on my 925 it did use more battery than 4castr, Amazing Weather, and Blue Skies. 4castr works great for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss