Questions regarding Lumia 920 AT&T and GR2, Amber, etc

OVERHATE

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello!. I bought the Lumia 920 from BestBuy and it came AT&T locked. After a quick call to AT&T I got the SIM unlock and I brought this phone to my country (Venezuela) where the Windows Phone 8 phones are inexistent yet. Everything so far is running flawlessly, with the 3G+ speed we have here (no LTE yet).

Right now, my girlfriend got an unbranded Lumia920 and she got way more stuff in her phone than me, and after doing a quick research its because the Branding on the phone. I just saw this post
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236790-how-get-data-sense-gdr2-amber-t-today.html
and was wondering if doing so, will allow me to get EVERYTHING from this SO????.
I don't want ANYTHING from AT&T, I want the full Nokia+WindowsPhone8 experience this phone can give me. Also, in that post it seems that that flash puts a Rogers ROM... isn't an "unbranded" rom at all??? I don't want to be carrier-bound to anything

Last edited:

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
What kind of extra stuff got your gf?

And, if for "I don't want to be carrier-bound to anything" you mean "sim-unlocked", then no, unbranded is not "unlocked", it just mean you don't get all the mobile company stuff (mostly crapped apps) and not mobile company logo at start up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3