Rogers L920+ GDR2 Euro Dev ROM. Results/Experiences

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I.m using my phone on Videotron (same band then Wind) and averything work good, data snese is very nice... is Rogers will stil controle the future update or it is like a unbranded phone now?

Neither Rogers is going to control the update nor its an unbranded phone. Whenever Nokia updates the Dev ROM this will be updated

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Does Internet Sharing work fine? I read somewhere that some people were not able to use it after flashing.

Is it possible to reset my phone to it's original software (just in case)?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I did in MY 920 and it is working on TMOBILE without any problems.
I have the internet share after install any new keyboard language

Tokuro Yamashiro

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did in MY 920 and it is working on TMOBILE without any problems.
I have the internet share after install any new keyboard language

The same here on US TMO with Euro dev rom on rogers 920. LTE and others works. Internet sharing did not work at first but after adding "Spanish" keyboard to pick some magical update, it now works. (additional KB setups were removed afterword and continue to work ok).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The same here on US TMO with Euro dev rom on rogers 920. LTE and others works. Internet sharing did not work at first but after adding "Spanish" keyboard to pick some magical update, it now works. (additional KB setups were removed afterword and continue to work ok).

Yeah it will work for a while and then stop, you will need to re-install the Spanish keyboard again and re-do everything you did.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried this ROM on my unlocked Rogers 920 and I guess I wasn't as lucky as some of you guys. The ROM is too buggy!

It's working nicely but the thing is that after installing/uninstalling and reinstalling it 4 times and doing like 5 hard-resets, the same thing happens over and over.

This ROM cannot sign in and sync to my emails properly. It even has problem syncing with facebook!

I had 4 emails configured and everytime I'd go to---->Setting----->email+accounts, I'd have the "Attention Required" or "Not up-to-date" notice on 1,2,3 or 4 of my accounts. Turning the phone off and on would fix it but would do the same after a couple of minutes.

So I'll just go back to the old Rogers 1314 firmware and wait patiently for the OTA...:cry:

Anybody had the same problems with this ROM???

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried this ROM on my unlocked Rogers 920 and I guess I wasn't as lucky as some of you guys. The ROM is too buggy!

It's working nicely but the thing is that after installing/uninstalling and reinstalling it 4 times and doing like 5 hard-resets, the same thing happens over and over.

This ROM cannot sign in and sync to my emails properly. It even has problem syncing with facebook!

I had 4 emails configured and everytime I'd go to---->Setting----->email+accounts, I'd have the "Attention Required" or "Not up-to-date" notice on 1,2,3 or 4 of my accounts. Turning the phone off and on would fix it but would do the same after a couple of minutes.

So I'll just go back to the old Rogers 1314 firmware and wait patiently for the OTA...:cry:

If your emails were MS then there is an ongoing issue w/ MS email services (hotmail, outlook, etc.)

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If your emails were MS then there is an ongoing issue w/ MS email services (hotmail, outlook, etc.)

Yeah, I read that but it also happened with gmail and, facebook would also display "not up-to-date"...

Anyway, I'll give it a try 'till tomorrow just to see....

gilnfld

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your email woes! My email/fb sync has been working without a hitch. I have two ActiveSync accts and one POP acct along my FB and i have tried to create and recreate tthem to replicate your problem but I have not had a single issue with it. Not sure. Having any other problems apart from this?
If you do go ahead and flash back to the 1314 please let us know if the problems persist....

gs

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ive been having issues with both roms actually, i just flashed to euro dev rom and im still having automatic screen brightness issues where the power button takes 5+ seconds to trigger the screen and, the accelerometer doesnt work, if i do a restart then it will but for only a few minutes of so. Before any tinkering with the flash everything worked fine. Any guesses guys?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your email woes! My email/fb sync has been working without a hitch. I have two ActiveSync accts and one POP acct along my FB and i have tried to create and recreate tthem to replicate your problem but I have not had a single issue with it. Not sure. Having any other problems apart from this?
If you do go ahead and flash back to the 1314 please let us know if the problems persist....

gs

UPDATE!

So, last night I reverted back to Rogers 1314 FW and it was doing the same thing. Then I read here on wpcentral and other forums that MICROSOFT was having issues that were affecting email accounts and some WP8 outlook.com contacts.
So I flashed the euro dev ROM back to my phone, configured all my mails again and let it sit through the night. I woke up this morning and everything was fine! All accounts were syncing !!!!

It was just a coincidence that I decided to flash my phone at the same time microsoft had issues. What are the odds? I should've played the lottery last night. :excited:

Everything is fine now!

Don't know why it was affecting my gmails and facebook account also though ...

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Does Internet Sharing work fine? I read somewhere that some people were not able to use it after flashing.

Is it possible to reset my phone to it's original software (just in case)?

yes the trick is after you set your connections, install a new keyboard and don't open access point anymore

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to go back to Rogers Rom after having been installed the Euro one?

I thought I'd try to go back down to AT&T default ROM (my phone is an unlocked AT&T phone running on their GoPhone service) but wasn't able to; just like everyone else. I was, though, able to get back down to the Rogers ROM. It was an ugly downgrade (I thought I had bricked my phone) but it ultimately worked. I flashed the Rogers ROM on my Euro ROM phone and after a few struggles, it started the downgrade. Then, the phone rebooted and I saw the Rogers splash screen, the Windows Phone app in Win8 launched, but apparently NCS needed to do another flash...but I had pulled the USB cable to investigate. Needless to say, the phone didn't like it and I had to force reboot it (volume down + power for a few seconds) only to have it go back to the red Nokia screen after the Rogers splash screen. I plugged the phone back into the USB cable, used NCS to flash it again but this time, the dialogue box said something about repartitioning the phone's filesystem. After it flashed again, the phone's screen briefly went green and then it rebooted completely into the older Rogers ROM -- the phone worked again. Whew!!!

All that to say, yes you can do it but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have time and patience (and a strong stomach). In the meantime, I flashed my phone back up to the Euro ROM and everything continues to work just fine (the new Nokia apps appeared today, too). My only concern is that OTA updates or any updates to the Euro ROM. NCS is still showing the old one and I'm hoping we'll get the latest version of GDR2 and Amber (if we don't already have it) soon.

Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs