Lumia 920 buying help

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've been trying to find the perfect Windows 8 phone to upgrade to from my old HTC radar and I stumbled upon a cheap lumia 920($185) on craigslist. It seems to be in mint condition, but it isn't unlocked and I use simple mobile/t-mobile network. The seller was kind enough to give me the imei but Idk if I should try to get him to unlock it(pay more) or if I should just buy it and then unlock it. Is there a possibility that I won't be able to unlock it?

Also I've been getting mixed responses on what kind of data speed I'd be getting getting on the unlocked device. Can anyone confirm that their data is working properly on an unlocked 920?

Note: I'm not an ATT customer nor was I ever an att customer.

Thanks in Advance!

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
920 for 185? hmmm sounds too fishy my friend. Doesn't matter if its unlocked or locked. That price alone raises a red flag. I would advice to stay away from Craigslist as well.

As far as data speeds / network connectivity - again, depends on where you are. I'm in the east coast (VA/DC/MD) and i have an unlocked ATT 920 on TMo and I get full LTE when i'm at work in DC but switches back and forth to E (Edge) / 4G / LTE at home (VA).

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a problem with the price. Since its used, but still a relatively great phone, price seems correct. You can get it unlocked cheaper yourself. Given that he gave you an imei number, shows that the guy doesn't know very much about phones so I would guess he is legit. The reason why you should never give out imei code is because of imei cloning.

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
@b3rni3703 I don't think the price is bad seeing that I talked him down from $200 and I've found several for around $200.

@erzhik I was thinking the same when he gave me the imei, i'm just worried about unlocking it. I read an article on here saying that AT&T will unlock for free because the exclusivity period is over, but I've also read that you have to be the previous owner of the phone with proof of an account number or phone number. I really just want to know if unlocking it for t-mobile will be difficult or cause me any complications...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb