08-17-2013 12:11 PM
45 12
tools
    I'm from Brazil and flashed the euro dev rom in my 920, but couldn't get any data connection from TIM, just calls and sms. What carrier do you have?
    LeLoT3 likes this.
    08-13-2013 10:30 PM
    you should flash your device =p (look at your pm's)
    hahahaha I looked there... thanks! But you told me, have one little problem, so I'll wait the official aehehaheaeh

I'm from Brazil and flashed the euro dev rom in my 920, but couldn't get any data connection from TIM, just calls and sms. What carrier do you have?
    My carrier is VIVO
    08-13-2013 11:46 PM
    nothing in germany
    08-14-2013 02:58 AM
    According to GSM Arena the Amber update will come first to the Lumia 920 and will land late August/early September.

Nokia Amber update coming in late August, early September - GSMArena.com news
    08-14-2013 03:10 AM
    According to GSM Arena the Amber update will come first to the Lumia 920 and will land late August/early September.

Nokia Amber update coming* in late August, early September - GSMArena.com news
    holy ****!! that `s not cool, nokia, not cool at all. and some time ago nokia said that MS is too slow for them. o rlly?!
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-14-2013 03:13 AM
    Yep,not cool. I guess that realistically we should except the update in September, hopefully in the first week.

My only consolation is that this time maybe they will thoroughly test the update to make sure everything works great.
    08-14-2013 03:18 AM
    What about heat issue? Is there still heat issue specially while browsing on 3G?
    08-14-2013 04:30 AM
    holy ****!! that `s not cool, nokia, not cool at all. and some time ago nokia said that MS is too slow for them. o rlly?!
    So much this. When I read that statement from Bryan Biniak I almost couldn't help but laugh at the hypocrisy. Samsung and HTC have both pushed out GDR2.0 updates. Sure Nokia adds their own extras to the software but that was done for the 1020 and the 925 and the 920 and 928 hardware is basically exactly the same, and they still have the hide to call Microsoft "too slow".
    08-14-2013 04:55 AM
    If you're so unhappy with Nokia's "slowness" buy a Samsung or htc and ignore the fact that the first release of the update bricked HTC devices and when Samsung released their update you had to hard reset to get some if the features which in both cases indicates a faulty update that is probably being tested more rigorously by Nokia and the carriers. AND also ignore the fact that the update actually isn't being widely distributed by anyone, but sure, lets call Nokia slow. /s
    Shodan_HR likes this.
    08-14-2013 05:21 AM
    If you're so unhappy with Nokia's "slowness" buy a Samsung or htc and ignore the fact that the first release of the update bricked HTC devices and when Samsung released their update you had to hard reset to get some if the features which in both cases indicates a faulty update that is probably being tested more rigorously by Nokia and the carriers. AND also ignore the fact that the update actually isn't being widely distributed by anyone, but sure, lets call Nokia slow. /s
    One question. If I flash and it works. Then the OTA come out, same version different build due to what ever. Will I got to update again?
    anon(4757114) likes this.
    08-14-2013 05:35 AM
    well, you have a point there but then again; there`s a rumor out there that amber will be coming out on september, not on october as they previously stated. maybe it`s hoax but then again maybe it`s true... this is kinda frustrating dont you agree? i don`t like being left in the dark all i want is a specific date and official, nothing more nothing less
    08-14-2013 06:16 AM
    well, you have a point there but then again; there`s a rumor out there that amber will be coming out on september, not on october as they previously stated. maybe it`s hoax but then again maybe it`s true... this is kinda frustrating dont you agree? i don`t like being left in the dark all i want is a specific date and official, nothing more nothing less
    This. It is not frustrating to wait for the update if you know when it is coming! If we get to know the date then complaining will stop. This week? Next week? Early September?
    08-14-2013 07:32 AM
    Omg ... So long ... :(:(
    You need to wait for 29 Days 13 Hrs 46 Minutes and 12 Seconds Precisely from this post for the Update.

(PUN Intended)
    08-14-2013 07:38 AM
    I don't so much mind the waiting, I have other phones I can play with, my issue is purely with Nokia calling Microsoft slow when they themselves are not exactly speedy. If it takes them 4 months to receive an OS update and make the small changes required to push it out to their existing hardware they can hardly persecute Microsoft for taking as long as they do to actually develop the actual OS updates.

and once again - 1020 and 925 share almost exactly the same hardware as the 920 and 928. So getting the same update out really shouldn't be too big a deal.
    08-14-2013 08:16 AM
    If it takes 4 months to receive the update isn't that on Microsoft ? And if you think the changes in Amber are small then the changes in GDR2 itself are miniscule in comparison and Microsoft shouldn't have taken months to deliver it to OEMs.

And the 925 & 1020 share the exact same hardware but there is a world of difference between releasing a new software update with new hardware than updating existing hardware that already runs an earlier version of the software.
    tissotti likes this.
    08-14-2013 09:17 AM
    Any one plz tel me... My net connection is nt working
    08-15-2013 12:09 PM
    Today I got the update Today in Saudi Arabia for Lumia 920
    08-15-2013 03:00 PM
    So much this. When I read that statement from Bryan Biniak I almost couldn't help but laugh at the hypocrisy. Samsung and HTC have both pushed out GDR2.0 updates. Sure Nokia adds their own extras to the software but that was done for the 1020 and the 925 and the 920 and 928 hardware is basically exactly the same, and they still have the hide to call Microsoft "too slow".
    What was the OEM update that Samsung and HTC provided with GDR2 again? I mean I'm much more excited about Amber, than the actual OS update its delivered with.

Rocking the update on my Lumia 920 just now! Loving it so far.
    08-15-2013 03:11 PM
    I disagree I've been with Three for years and always found them to be pretty quick with updates (when I had one of their branded phones) once they're released in their territory which they aren't at present. In fact people on 3 got the last WP update before me and I have an unlocked L920 device straight from Nokia, go figure!
    fair enough, I haven't had a branded device for a long time now lol can only speak from what I experienced compared to the other providers. I always prefered to root my device with custom roms but I've grown tired of that now. Hopefully Amber starts rolling out soon... these automated calls are driving me potty
    08-17-2013 09:07 AM
    This is really confusing.
    ekran-al-nt-s-.png
    Attached Thumbnails ekran-al-nt-s-.png  
    Last edited by EngineerTuna; 08-17-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    08-17-2013 12:11 PM
45 12