Will the euro dev, att dev, and French AMBER roms get all updates in the future?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What is the history with these roms? Has anyone been on it since portico or pre-portico, and if you were, did you get an OTA update to AMBER/GDR2 as soon as it was leaked on NCS?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It usually takes a while before the carriers officially release updates. You might want to follow the WPCentral blogs, since the writers usually mention when carriers roll out official updates.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It usually takes a while before the carriers officially release updates. You might want to follow the WPCentral blogs, since the writers usually mention when carriers roll out official updates.

No, I'm wondering about the people who flashed their ATT phones with European AMBER dev roms and can never go back to ATT. Will they be able to get the next update, i.e. GDR3/blue? I'm wondering if they might get stuck on GDR2 since they can't revert to a stock rom anymore.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Please, anybody answer this question, because I'm interested in flashing the Euro Dev ROM on my 920 and I'm worried about these updates.. :p

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
What is the history with these roms? Has anyone been on it since portico or pre-portico, and if you were, did you get an OTA update to AMBER/GDR2 as soon as it was leaked on NCS?

It is my understanding that the Dev roms will not get OTA updates as these are not official. I believe the French rom is an official unbranded rom so it should get OTA updates. Now, I'm not 100% sure about this though. But the way I see it, if you're willing to flash to get the GDR2/Amber update, why wouldn't you be willing to flash to get the GDR3/Bittersweet Shimmer update??

I am currently running the GDR2 AT&T Dev rom, so as soon as the GDR3/BS update is available in an unbranded rom, I will be flashing it right away.

paynito1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I flashed back in the waiting for Amber days ? I don't know if I flashed EU dev or French unbranded Amber but I got even the latest Dec. 21, 2013 update. I'm at 8.0.10521.155. Has anyone reflashed because the novelty of Nokia mix radio being 100 different French mixes has worn off? Anyway to change region of mix radio and get different content without a flash?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)