Lumia 920 photos didn't get uploaded to SkyDrive!

John McCrowski

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
So due to numerous issues with my brand new Lumia 920 I was advised to backup and restore my phone to which I did. Unfortunately when I went to SkyDrive to retrieve my photos there was nothing there! Before restoring my phone I went to settings > backup > photos > and I chose "Best Quality WiFi" for both photos and videos. Yet when I go to my camera roll there's nothing there except for 2 albums titled "Camera Roll from SkyDrive" and "Mobile Uploads from SkyDrive" but with nothing in them! Not only that, but none of my apps have been properly backed up. Instead I keep on getting Error Code #8000FFF which tells me "Attention required. Tap Here". When I do that nothing happens and it goes back to showing me the error code. Very frustrating because I had tons of photos on there and I believe I went through the proper channels to back it up, yet it seems that I either made a mistake or the phone itself failed on me =/ Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So due to numerous issues with my brand new Lumia 920 I was advised to backup and restore my phone to which I did. Unfortunately when I went to SkyDrive to retrieve my photos there was nothing there! Before restoring my phone I went to settings > backup > photos > and I chose "Best Quality WiFi" for both photos and videos. Yet when I go to my camera roll there's nothing there except for 2 albums titled "Camera Roll from SkyDrive" and "Mobile Uploads from SkyDrive" but with nothing in them! Not only that, but none of my apps have been properly backed up. Instead I keep on getting Error Code #8000FFF which tells me "Attention required. Tap Here". When I do that nothing happens and it goes back to showing me the error code. Very frustrating because I had tons of photos on there and I believe I went through the proper channels to back it up, yet it seems that I either made a mistake or the phone itself failed on me =/ Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Was your phone connected to wifi when the photos were supposed to get uploaded? What happens when you login to Skydrive and check the folders? The sync is one way, meaning your photos go from your phone to skydrive, but won't go from skydrive into the camera roll folder on your phone.

John McCrowski

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Was your phone connected to wifi when the photos were supposed to get uploaded? What happens when you login to Skydrive and check the folders? The sync is one way, meaning your photos go from your phone to skydrive, but won't go from skydrive into the camera roll folder on your phone.

Hi thanks for your reply. When I login to SkyDrive I click on photos but nothing shows up =(

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but if you set those backup photo in settings, I think it only works with pictures you take afterwards.

Probably would have been better to backup on PC using the cable and desktop app.

John McCrowski

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure, but if you set those backup photo in settings, I think it only works with pictures you take afterwards.

Probably would have been better to backup on PC using the cable and desktop app.

Yo you've got to be kidding me! Man first I'm having battery issues, then my camera starts taking blurry pictures, and now this! Just my luck =\ *Sigh* thanks for your help.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Yo you've got to be kidding me! Man first I'm having battery issues, then my camera starts taking blurry pictures, and now this! Just my luck =\ *Sigh* thanks for your help.

check documents, mobile uploads.

They don't go in "pictures". It sounds to me like you have a faulty unit. I would take it to a repair centre.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure for certain. But like you, I tried that setting before and it did not sync photos I had taken previously. Only synced with pictures I took after.

Have you not connected with usb cable and synced with your PC before? If you have, your pictures will be where Kellzea posted.

Edit: I just tested it and, for me, it does not upload pictures taken previously to SkyDrive after enabling that setting. Only pictures taken after.

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above, the setting works for photos taken after.

What you should have done is go to your camera roll, and select "select all", then save to skydrive.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's a good thing that it doesn't automaticaly upload existing pictures.

It could be a good idea to ask the user wether or not it should be done but the default value should never be to upload existing pictures (there can be many).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos