How to detect which app causes lumia 920 to heat up

iseebothsides1

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8 OS version 8.0.10211.204.

I notice that when I run some applications, the phone really heats up. I suspect that it is because of an application called "Metrotalk Free".

Is there a way I can verify which App is causing the phone to run hot ? Are there any utilities like windows task manager on desktops that can show which app is consuming excessive resources (Processor, Memory etc ) on the phone ?

Ken

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any apps that will tell what apps are using the most resources. You might want to try running other apps but not Metrotalk and see if you still experience this without Metrotalk.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
hmm.. the only resolution that i can think of is Settings > Applications > Background Task... and block the app that you think is the suspect.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No one can track it down. You'd have thought Microsoft would have or Nokia, but posts on here indicate the same issue exists in GDR2/Amber. The phone randomly starts chewing through battery and gets warm. Only fix I've found is when it happens, reboot your phone.

Pretty sad when you think about it.

thegamevg

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I find the best way to work through this is to track your usage .. avoid installing multiple apps at once so you can limit your suspects..
Better still - reset / uninstall apps that you can and work your way back up..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs