Airplay on WP8

Jony Lundqvist

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Is there going to be an update allowing WP8 to take use of Airplay?

I am just simply looking a solution where I can stream wirelessly Spotify audio from my Lumia 920 to my Pioneer VSX-922 amplifier.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Is there going to be an update allowing WP8 to take use of Airplay?

I am just simply looking a solution where I can stream wirelessly Spotify audio from my Lumia 920 to my Pioneer VSX-922 amplifier.

Not at the moment, and even if it finds its way, it will never be official (system-wide) and therefor usable by Spotify.
The only way would be bluetooth, does your amplifier support that? If not, you could buy a cheap dongle and connect it to Cinch. What bitrates does spottily give you? the codec used for bluetooth is lossy, but according to the web it's still a bit better than 320kbps mp3 so you shouldn't hear a difference. I also still hope for an update to support aptx, a lossless bluetooth codec.. The hardware is capable of it.

To sum it up, Bluetooth is the only wireless possibility that is supported systemwide and therefore works with spottily. If your amplifier doesn't support it, I'm using this logitech on http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-schnu...ag=techracom00-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2079980 and it does its job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett