Your Nokia Lumia 920 Before GDR2 (Amber) update - Battery Life Poll

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
my battery was going awesome before Amber, usually 30-36 hours on single charge...however since yesterdays update its dying quicker.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've bricked far too many devices in my time. :) As long as my 920 keeps working as it's been working, I'm happy to wait for AT&T to push the update out.

Hahaha, Yeah I've been there too. Bricked my X6 when i was new to the flashing ROMS. It was dead for 3 days when someone on dailymobile forum helped me through with step by step info via PM.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
my battery was going awesome before Amber, usually 30-36 hours on single charge...however since yesterdays update its dying quicker.

Glance and double tap to unlock are a little taxing on 920. You might wanna check if there are some new services running in background.

Starshie

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
AT&T, so still waiting for that darn update :p

on a good day, ill average somewhere around 19 hours.
some times ill use it a tiny bit more than normal, giving me somewhere around 10-15 hours. 16 tops.

hopefully ill be looking at 19 hours of decent usage, and around 24 on little usage after this update

rastogi

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Before update the battery used to last 16-18hrs ,usage pattern -10 calls per day, 10 times mail checking, after update it is lasting only 10-12 hrs, why??

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My battery life isn't too good. I took my lumia 920 off charger 12pm and went to sleep. after 9 hours I woke up and saw that my battery has drained 15%! I turned data off and I had no wlan, no NFC, just a few background apps. (all others I have blocked) I have both glance and double tap to wake on but glance shouldn't consume battery since I have flip case and it doesn't display the clock when the case in on. That's whopping too much for being in standby-mode!

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Even i too have experienced worst battery life after amber update. No change in background tasks. Just that my cellular data connection is 3G. Does any one have a solution for this issue.

amgz

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I too had bad battery life until I turned off the "flip to silence" in the audio settings. I think it tracks the phone position all the time not just when receiving a call.

After that all good.

GearDoGi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Major Overheating/Battery consumption issues!!! Before and mostly after the Amber.(After 10-20mins of playing a game or an app the phone become very hot and the battery drainage rate can reach 20%-30%/hour!!!) Not hardware failure cause changed 2 HTC 8x and 1 Lumia 920 but same sh*t!!
I would like to know if MS and Nokia are planning to fix bug/bugs that causes this kind of issues with the GDR3 update!Has anyone heard anything??

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Major Overheating/Battery consumption issues!!! Before and mostly after the Amber.(After 10-20mins of playing a game or an app the phone become very hot and the battery drainage rate can reach 20%-30%/hour!!!) Not hardware failure cause changed 2 HTC 8x and 1 Lumia 920 but same sh*t!!
I would like to know if MS and Nokia are planning to fix bug/bugs that causes this kind of issues with the GDR3 update!Has anyone heard anything??
i completely agree with you and feel sorry for people like us who are experiencing poor battery performance after amber. But let me tell the case is not same with everyone and even for many the battery life has improved a lot. So microsoft / nokia must really investigate the issue a lot more. I also feel 3G is triggering this issue in my case .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12