Your Nokia Lumia 920 Before GDR2 (Amber) update - Battery Life Poll

papgo

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Howdy my fellow Nokia Lumia 920 owners with and without GDR2 (Amber) update . (too bad for me still waiting for it to be launched officially :p)
How do you feel about L920's battery life ? Does it satisfy you all day long? ;) no pun intended or maybe
Do vote on this poll and let the world know. Don't worry its a secret ballot :p :D

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know exactly how much it has improved, but now I'm getting more battery life than before, because at the end the day, before amber, it left some 75% remaining, with practically zero usage, now I'm getting the same with a lot of usage (screen on, internet browsing, etc).

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is somewhat erratic. Most days i get considerable mileage from a charge. Somedays its really bad. Halo kills it pretty quick :(

All in im pleased, and with normal use i can squeeze a day and a half.

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
40 hours (two day and one night) is normal. Sometimes it can even last for 64 hours (three days and two nights)

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
After Amber update, I clicked around 100 pics and 2-3 long videos and also streamed music to my xbox for 1 hour or so and my battery lost just 20%. I think Amber has definitely improve the battery backup!

chuba1

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Before Portico update I had a drain of ~12-15% per hour (8-9 h usage) and did not get app updates ever. Surely two bugs, maybe related.
After installing Portico (refurbish), I did some testing. Without apps installed, I got > 40 h usage with WiFi and BT active, 4 Email accounts with push notifications. Most apps (~80 installed successively) did not change that. At some point I had to install the messengers (WhatsApp, Skype and Viber) and a bunch of other apps for travelling (weather etc.) at the same time, and since then I am at ~12-16 h usage (no full day). I say, some apps with live tiles / push messages behave badly. Don't know which ones.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Before Amber: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Anywhere from 10 to 22 hours with no discernible difference in usage patterns.

I'm hoping for more stability in battery life as well as simple things like data retention from Amber.

takeship91

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
FYI: My 920 on Rogers (Canada eh) gets poor batt life if I leave cellular set on automatic (10% per hour), and even worse if roam is enabled (15% per hour). Set to don't roam + specific network though and i'm good for at least 48 hours with mild use, much much longer if it's just doing e-mail checks.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Can we be more specific with this? Are we talking on a rundown test or what? I've never actually had my phone die on me, with the lowest it ever got in the 25-30% range. I mostly use my device for music and some games, and almost always have all of the extra stuff (cellular, GPS, NFC) turned off and the brightness on auto. I'd say that the average rated battery life on my 920 is in the range of 24-36 hours when I'm not using it too much, with it lasting just over 2 hours in the one rundown test I did on my device.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm good with what I get from my battery based on what I do with my 920. Having said that, I'm under no delusions that Amber will improve my battery. It would be great if it did but its not my expectation. My hope is that Amber doesn't make life worse and the devs that may need to modify their code for Amber do so.

papgo

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Before Portico update I had a drain of ~12-15% per hour (8-9 h usage) and did not get app updates ever. Surely two bugs, maybe related.
After installing Portico (refurbish), I did some testing. Without apps installed, I got > 40 h usage with WiFi and BT active, 4 Email accounts with push notifications. Most apps (~80 installed successively) did not change that. At some point I had to install the messengers (WhatsApp, Skype and Viber) and a bunch of other apps for travelling (weather etc.) at the same time, and since then I am at ~12-16 h usage (no full day). I say, some apps with live tiles / push messages behave badly. Don't know which ones.

Thanks for the in depth, am sure this will help many of us to manage our battery's life. Can I know which handset your using for the above concussions?

papgo

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Can we be more specific with this? Are we talking on a rundown test or what? I've never actually had my phone die on me, with the lowest it ever got in the 25-30% range. I mostly use my device for music and some games, and almost always have all of the extra stuff (cellular, GPS, NFC) turned off and the brightness on auto. I'd say that the average rated battery life on my 920 is in the range of 24-36 hours when I'm not using it too much, with it lasting just over 2 hours in the one rundown test I did on my device.

We are talking about a the battery life experience of NL920 on day to day bases. Giving us an overview of the NL920 user experience right from a regular user like me to power user in terms of battery life.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Amber. It last around 18 to 20 hours for me. My usage is: Data connection for 2 hours, wifi on for 8 hours while using it actively for around 3 to 4 hours, few calls, little camera usage, 30 minutes of Here Maps, a lot of texting.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and I refuse to flash my phone, so no GDR2 for me. I charge my phone at night; I pull it off the charger at about 5:30 AM, and put it back on the charger at about 10:30 PM with 25-40% charge depending on the day's use.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there any specific reason that you don't wanna flash it? I flashed it within the 6 hours of buying it. For some reason nokia had the 4G disabled in Indian ROM, thus i flashed with a Aussie ROM. No problem so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo