Amber Update UK Thread

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The cv gb rom has to support all uk carriers so it makes sense for Nokia to wait until most or all of the carriers have approved the update! If for instance Nokia release the update but there is a problem with compatibility on say o2, the people affected will get onto o2 not Nokia. It's called playing it safe and it's not just Nokia, lots of manufacturers leave the sim free software till last.

I have an idea about the update process.
With Portico and Amber two or three weeks before the OTA updates rolled out some of the new ROM's appeared on the NCS servers for a few hours and were then removed. I think this is the window where operators are told to download their test ROM for their Techs to test on handsets.
This would explain why the Country Variant ROM's never appear during these "windows" and are one of the last to be released. Because the CV rom is basically tested by all of the operators it just has none of their branding or apps.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
oh man, i just checked! same here lol currently have 3gb and its now 10gb for the same tariff..

*admits defeat and bends over*

Which tariff are you on!? :O If the EE tariffs are as per their website and you only get 3GB for that much, I advise you don't look at Vodafone's tariffs :/

chi1701

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
looks like Three UK now has a "coming soon", leaving EE alone in "waiting for approval"

Saw that as well after I got a tweet back from 3 "This is currently being tested, we don?t yet have a date for rollout but keep an eye out on Twitter for updates. Thanks >AK"

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
EE lumia amber firmware is already on NCS, download away now if you don't mind losing all data and starting afresh

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
EE lumia amber firmware is already on NCS, download away now if you don't mind losing all data and starting afresh

If you try this can you confirm if we have DataSense and confirm that I will get future updates just like normal from this ROM? If we do I might just flash this.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If you try this can you confirm if we have DataSense and confirm that I will get future updates just like normal from this ROM? If we do I might just flash this.

sure, flashing now to find out :)

EDIT: Data Sense is included in the EE ROM, all other stuff like Pro Cam, Smart Cam, are all available. I can't tell whether this is the final build or not, it most probably is and you will be able to get future updates.

Last edited:

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I flashed the French ROM and got DataSense, Call and SMS blocking, Radio, everything I believe.
I'm not sure about allowing the OTA update from EE to install on this 920, just in case I lose something lol.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the French ROM and got DataSense, Call and SMS blocking, Radio, everything I believe.
I'm not sure about allowing the OTA update from EE to install on this 920, just in case I lose something lol.

you won't get the OTA from EE anymore because OTAs are determined by the ROM you flashed.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Which tariff are you on!? :O If the EE tariffs are as per their website and you only get 3GB for that much, I advise you don't look at Vodafone's tariffs :/

i forget the exact specs but its ?46 for 3gb+unlimited texts/mins, had this since launch in Oct '12. As it turns out, im not far from WiFi between home and work so my usage is fine. Of course i would like unlimited data etc (and certainly a 10gb allowance for the same cash...) but, hey, that's life.

I knew enough at the time to know i would be paying through the nose for this device (920) and tbh, I have no huge complaints with EE thus far(gdr2/amber aside..), nearly 12 mo into my contract. I would have preferred a 12mo contract but at launch, but those tariffs were ridiculous.

As an aside, I was in London recently and the EE 4g coverage was amazingly BAD. That was a surprising disappointment. I've found 4G where i am (NW England) to be pretty decent. Still glad I went with the 920 to take me through the next couple of years of the WP8 rollercoaster...

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The EE update is finally out...

Just downloading via Nokia Software Updater... ROM version 3047.0000.1326.2021

Will report back after ROM install........

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i forget the exact specs but its ?46 for 3gb+unlimited texts/mins, had this since launch in Oct '12. As it turns out, im not far from WiFi between home and work so my usage is fine. Of course i would like unlimited data etc (and certainly a 10gb allowance for the same cash...) but, hey, that's life.

I knew enough at the time to know i would be paying through the nose for this device (920) and tbh, I have no huge complaints with EE thus far(gdr2/amber aside..), nearly 12 mo into my contract. I would have preferred a 12mo contract but at launch, but those tariffs were ridiculous.

As an aside, I was in London recently and the EE 4g coverage was amazingly BAD. That was a surprising disappointment. I've found 4G where i am (NW England) to be pretty decent. Still glad I went with the 920 to take me through the next couple of years of the WP8 rollercoaster...

I'm on the same 3GB tariff at ?46 a month too. I've also noticed that the 4G signal where I am is actually quite decent (near Burnley, Lancs).

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Data Sense is included in the EE ROM, all other stuff like Pro Cam, Smart Cam, are all available. Any questions, feel free to ask me, playing about the ROM now

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Flashed the EE UK Amber ROM.

Works as other Amber ROMs. Data Sense is there (as mentioned). Everything seems to be working well.....

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
What about your other storage?

What about it??? LOL...

I've never had a problem with other storage. Mine's sitting at 450 MB at the moment.
It is supposed to be fixed in Amber, but as I've never had the problem, or any problem with my 920, I can't comment...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss