Amber Update UK Thread

Mannymiller

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
i did have the french amber update installed upto about a week ago.. worried i wasnt going to get any further uk updates i reverted back to pre amber rom. i cant see any difference.. so data sense. sms filter, fm radio and of course the camera apps are all there.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just checked, no sign of an update for the UK CV yet, I am surprised that operator locked devices are getting it first, but hey ho.....

Verner

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Nothing, I've just checked. Still "Coming Soon". Can't believe we are going to be the last to get it! Nokia, sort yourselves out!!

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nothing, I've just checked. Still "Coming Soon". Can't believe we are going to be the last to get it! Nokia, sort yourselves out!!

I have to admit, the lack of movement on CV GB every time there is an update is starting to do my head in. What on earth is going on a Nokia?

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The cv gb rom has to support all uk carriers so it makes sense for Nokia to wait until most or all of the carriers have approved the update! If for instance Nokia release the update but there is a problem with compatibility on say o2, the people affected will get onto o2 not Nokia. It's called playing it safe and it's not just Nokia, lots of manufacturers leave the sim free software till last.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It just doesn't make sense to me that the Carriers get to ship it before Nokia?!?!?!?!?

I don't really mind, but what's annoying me right now is that CV and O2 went into Coming Soon at the same time, but CV is now 14 hours behind on release and I cant think of a possible reason why...

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Stupid EE. And now they're giving away double the data that I have on my plan to new customers on the same tariff.

:cry:

Just checked NCS and Amber rom for EE product code 059R1W5 is on server! It's odd because O2 rom on NCS is still portico and Vodafone has another update after Amber, think someone mentioned this earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb