Amber Update UK Thread

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Data Sense is included in the EE ROM, all other stuff like Pro Cam, Smart Cam, are all available. Any questions, feel free to ask me, playing about the ROM now

any chance of keeping an eye on how the Glance screen features impact batt life? Hard to judge i know, but even anecdotal info about if it does/does not impact performance would be nice over the coming days. Ive read the screen differences play a significant part. I heard new tones are there, any info on that?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
interesting to note Data Sense is there, will be pleasantly surprised if it is there OTA!

I'm starting to think that it has been remade so that either it no longer requires specific operator support or that it can run without the operator-required components, as it seems to be present in every GDR2 update so far, including unbranded devices...

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
any chance of keeping an eye on how the Glance screen features impact batt life? Hard to judge i know, but even anecdotal info about if it does/does not impact performance would be nice over the coming days. Ive read the screen differences play a significant part. I heard new tones are there, any info on that?

battery life seems to be fine for me with glance screen on peek and double tap to wake on, but give me a few days and i'll let you know.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Got bored of waiting, updated via NSU retail.
No hiccups and all went smooth. Back up was there and installed with no problem.
However, I've noticed my Wifi seems a bit slower. Also, don't know if it's coz of a cloudless sky, but my 3g peformance has significantly dropped.
Camera is no dead clear and the camera apps are a credit to Nokia.
Some ringtones are changed, esp the default Nokia one I used to use for text messages.
Didn't need Data Sense as I'm unlimited and as far as I can see, everything is there.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming soon could be now to next year.

They said somewhere that the roll out will be complete by the end of September (no doubt just in time for GDR3 to be announced in Oct/Nov) but I am still naffed off that my UK_CV is behind Vodafone and O2 (apparently), was a time when unlocked handsets would get updates quicker because they didn't need all the operator testing nonsense.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They said somewhere that the roll out will be complete by the end of September (no doubt just in time for GDR3 to be announced in Oct/Nov) but I am still naffed off that my UK_CV is behind Vodafone and O2 (apparently), was a time when unlocked handsets would get updates quicker because they didn't need all the operator testing nonsense.

Precisely. What is particularly annoying is that CV GB and O2 went into Coming Soon at the same time, and so it's difficult to understand how the "final pre-release checks" could possibly cause this much of a difference in the actual launch given that the software is already approved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05