Amber Update UK Thread

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm battery is a little low. Should I wait a while or just install the update while it's plugged in?

The update has downloaded and it's done the prepare to install step...it's at the screen saying your update is ready to be installed plus there are version numbers.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Update complete...well, it completed a little while ago, I just got sidetracked listening to some choons.

Happy with how everything looks and feels. Just feels marvellous being able to tell the time without looking at my watch or unlocking the phone! :)

serton

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Got this tonight, but I tell you what, the new text message tone is so quiet compared to the old one. It's really annoying me.

Plus my parrot background from the lock screen has gone :( (the one with the green feathers, loved that)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Very disappointed I can't get back any of this 'other' 4GBs. That's a sizeable chunk of my total space. I've tried the SkyDrive/date trick but that had no effect :(

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the only way you'll reduce the "Other Storage" issue will be to do a full reset and start over again. My other has crept up to 1.95gb over the past 2 weeks.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's appaling of that advisor!!! Let us know if they reply again about invalidating the warranty as I've got the cv rom and am very tempted to flash it but don't want to lose my warranty...

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
That's shocking! Am tempted to share it out on other social networks as well. Was he a sales advisor for sure?

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Former employee of EE, it appears. Fortunate for him as otherwise after EE saw this, he'd have all the time in the world to answer FB posts!

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Probably why he's an ex! Some people are just out to cause grief! Anyway, one month then leaving handing notice to EE. Glad I got a 12 month contract!

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I think the only way you'll reduce the "Other Storage" issue will be to do a full reset and start over again. My other has crept up to 1.95gb over the past 2 weeks.

Cheers.

That's a pretty poor workaround but unfortunately, it looks like the only one. I've read many posts where users have noted that it's something they have to do every few weeks/months in order to get space back.

Will my apps be automatically restored again after resetting? I've enabled backup for app list, settings and text messages. Also, do messages get backed up the moment they arrive or at certain times of the day?

Would I be right in thinking that any game progress will be lost unless there's a feature in the game to backup any saved data?

Finally, will I have to manually copy back all my music and photos to the phone and re-create all my playlists again?

Thanks for any help. I've only reset the phone once and that was the day I got it.

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Jealous! I got a 24 month contract with them. Nearly half way now but I did get a really good price for my contract. Overall less then the cost of the 12 month one.

I've given up waiting for them to update, as EVERY other network has it out the door already. I seem to remember the release of the phone was delayed because of them dragging their feet approving the launch image.

I've put the UK CV version on my phone, now any delays should only be down to Nokia/Microsoft.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@Nick_1020

The good side of resetting is you keep all your Text and Apps from your app list.
The downside is that you lose all photos and music unless you've uploaded photos to SkyDrive.
Make sure you set Settings>Backup then app list to backup on and the same with Texts.
The text are saved from the first time you activated the phone, i.e mine go back to Dec 2012 when I got this phone. It never gets deleted.
Apps however is different. If some apps you have are no longer available, you will not be able to get them again.
Also, it takes absolutely ages to do. You'll also have to manually add music.
I realise I'll probably have to do a reset with mine as I'm having an odd problem loading this webpage for some reason(Only loads via PC).
Hope that helps.

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Jealous! I got a 24 month contract with them. Nearly half way now but I did get a really good price for my contract. Overall less then the cost of the 12 month one.

I've given up waiting for them to update, as EVERY other network has it out the door already. I seem to remember the release of the phone was delayed because of them dragging their feet approving the launch image.

I've put the UK CV version on my phone, now any delays should only be down to Nokia/Microsoft.

Managed to bag the 12month contract when handset was only 19.99 on any tariff! Remember I was lied to about being able to get EE Film on it as well straight away!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos