Amber Update UK Thread

antonyfrn

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
When EE issued a tweet suggesting the mid September timeframe, a customer responded by saying "what took you so long"... EE officially responded by blaming Nokia "we are just waiting for Nokia, they like to test any updates before rolled out"... Blame Nokia, that's the official line from EE.

Now if you phone EE up they claim their testing it...

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
When EE issued a tweet suggesting the mid September timeframe, a customer responded by saying "what took you so long"... EE officially responded by blaming Nokia "we are just waiting for Nokia, they like to test any updates before rolled out"... Blame Nokia, that's the official line from EE.

That said, Nokia were to blame for the handsets not arriving in the stores during and after launch last sept/oct, despite press advertising whoring the 920 all over the place. Took me weeks to get one from EE in store. Nokia i believe were to blame there with a tiny number of handsets dished out nationwide. Im sure they have improved in many senses. I hope lessons have been learned now that they are gaining momentum with consumers and not just nerdy WP fans...like me.

EE on the otherhand, need to work on their communication with their customers- their update was very welcome but it could have been a valuable piece of reassurance that might have saved alot of anguish for literally every WP customer. How long did the tweet take to compose i wonder? seconds? a minute perhaps?....
It certainly has coloured my view of them. I seem to recall Portico/GDR1 arriving promptly so we shall see what GDR3's rollout at the end of year/beginning of next brings in terms of this carrier control(or lack of) business. It may well inform my decision come contract renewal time..

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Not sure I buy that. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia L520 Amber,GDR2 firmware RM914_3046.0000.1329.2004 "GB EE" is now available for download on Nokia Care Suite and Navifirm.
Product code 059S0G7

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Clearly since ROTW has got the firmware without issue I don't think EE need to do much reinventing of the testing wheel here. Regardless of what you say it looks bad on their part here - putting 920 owners on the back burner.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When i check for updates on my Lumia 920 on EE it says "we are currently unable to check for updates. (80072ee2)"... Is anyone else experiencing this??

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this update issue? (error : 80072ee2).. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit : nevermind, i did a soft reset which rectified the issue.

he_shark

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That said, Nokia were to blame for the handsets not arriving in the stores during and after launch last sept/oct, despite press advertising whoring the 920 all over the place. Took me weeks to get one from EE in store. Nokia i believe were to blame there with a tiny number of handsets dished out nationwide. Im sure they have improved in many senses. I hope lessons have been learned now that they are gaining momentum with consumers and not just nerdy WP fans...like me.

EE on the otherhand, need to work on their communication with their customers- their update was very welcome but it could have been a valuable piece of reassurance that might have saved alot of anguish for literally every WP customer. How long did the tweet take to compose i wonder? seconds? a minute perhaps?....
It certainly has coloured my view of them. I seem to recall Portico/GDR1 arriving promptly so we shall see what GDR3's rollout at the end of year/beginning of next brings in terms of this carrier control(or lack of) business. It may well inform my decision come contract renewal time..

Like you I got my 920 at the tail end of last year and I remember how hard it was to find it instores. I went to quite a few before I found one. Shows just how much things have improved and how much more demand there is for WP phones these days. Updates may be taking a bit long, but at least we can see massive uptake for WP which bodes well for the future.

Now just hurry up EE, I want my Amber. Someone should put together a chart detailing the availability of the 3 GDR releases when 3 comes out across carriers. Give us an idea (perhaps) of which carrier is the most efficient. Be interesting to compare that to how they roll out Android updates (if at all).

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this update issue? (error : 80072ee2).. Any help would be appreciated.

Had this last week, and its back. Just checked and got the same code, i think after a while it wasn't there when i decided to check again. Haven't bothered soft re setting personally, i don't think it indicates anything exciting (would love to be wrong) must be some issue with the servers perhaps?

antonyfrn

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

Getting the error some times just chatting with someone at nokia about it there going to check if the update is staging

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Getting the error some times just chatting with someone at nokia about it there going to check if the update is staging
staging? do you mean that Nokia said to you that this could indicate something such as an actual roll out? or were they referring to a problem do you think?

edit: i still have the error code myself too.

antonyfrn

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
staging? do you mean that Nokia said to you that this could indicate something such as an actual roll out? or were they referring to a problem do you think?

edit: i still have the error code myself too.

No news from them, But I explained to them that the info on the update site is incorrect for EE and gave them the link to twitter announcement and they are going to look into it. Same error still after mucking about with my phone for 20min

Last edited:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
you explained to Nokia that EE's info was incorrect? In what way is their info incorrect? We are the last UK to update seemingly but im not sure what you refer to. Im still seeing the error too btw, which according to a brief search is, is indeed an issue with the servers that the update's pass through if i understand it correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett