Amber Update UK Thread

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It looks unlikely that EE will update the 920 over the weekend, so their mid month timeframe seems to be slipping, given that its still stuck on "awaiting approval" on the Nokia update page! I don't expect this update for another week or so! So much for the "imminent" release.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

The fact that the firmware is available on the Nokia Retail Updater suggests to me that it is good to go for a clean install but that there may be some problems with the update process. I bit the bullet last night and updated it via a clean flash and so far no problems at all.

God bless

Andrew

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping that NFC support would be improved with the updates but it's still the same. It's impossible to share files to and from my 920 using NFC. My 808 and Nexus 7 have no problems in this area.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Talked to a customer rep this morning, who says the update for the 920 is not expected until the end of Sept. If they had said on twitter last week "end of Sept", then okay, but these lies just antagonise their wp consumers, and drive people away. Hardly a good business model! I suppose we don't matter in the grand scheme.

Tbh, i wish they'd just skip this update, as we are so far along the line now anyways. They should focus on GDR3 in Nov, and ensure we get it early. (but i wont hold my breath)

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a customer rep this morning, who says the update for the 920 is not expected until the end of Sept. If they had said on twitter last week "end of Sept", then okay, but these lies just antagonise their wp consumers, and drive people away. Hardly a good business model! I suppose we don't matter in the grand scheme.

Tbh, i wish they'd just skip this update, as we are so far along the line now anyways. They should focus on GDR3 in Nov, and ensure we get it early. (but i wont hold my breath)

Sure is disappointing. However, I would doubt very much that any plan skip to GDR3 would be delivered to handsets this year. HTC confirmed in some territories that this is happening but its not expected on devices until 'early 2014' so lets hope that doesn't happen given the length of time GDR2 has/is taking via EE.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

If EE missed any updates for a phone I'd got through them during the length of my contract I'd be mighty pissed. I expect them to fully support any phone they have sold.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If EE missed any updates for a phone I'd got through them during the length of my contract I'd be mighty pissed. I expect them to fully support any phone they have sold.

I don't disagree, and still expect the gdr2 update to rollout... But with each day that passes, its significance to us reduces. This should have been sent to us at least 3 weeks ago, but here we are with no sign of a rollout.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
well im 100% leaving EE when contract up next year, they are greedy and slow. ive also got a phone with o2 and they too have just lost me, im hoping the 1020 with vodafone will be a better experience, time will tell.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
well im 100% leaving EE when contract up next year, they are greedy and slow. ive also got a phone with o2 and they too have just lost me, im hoping the 1020 with vodafone will be a better experience, time will tell.

I agree, EE are ****. If Voda have 4G in my town by the time by contract runs out come November '14 then I'm going to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss