Nokia luma 920 died during flash pls help

pavilson

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I decided to flash RM-820 to RM-821 amber update on it through nokia care suite. As soon as the it started update (red screen on the phone with the progress bar the flash failed, and the phone has since been dead.

known issues
1-I have try all methods soft and hard reset nothing worked.
2-phone doesn't vibrate on any key combinations
3- the computer and NCS do not recognise the phone as lumia 920 HOWEVER, the phone shows up as QUALCOMM INPUT DEVICE in Windows 8 as soon i connect the usb cable to the computer .
4- screen is black phone wont charge and wont power on

However, this mode does not let me flash to another firmware. The NCS doesn't recognise the phone at all
help please

pavilson

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
tried that but it gets to the part where i have to Hold the Volume Down and the Power button, click RETRY on the Product Support Tools Window, the phone does not vibrate

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
never flash a rom on battery

for some reason it goes to 5% while being flashed

plug it into a wall socket

if the dead battery indicator doesnt show up you may have a more serious issue

if it does show up then it is fixable

press and hold the power button and the volume down until it vibrates
then immediately press and hold the volume up

you should see a cog and a lightning bolt. this is flashing mode

leave the phone like this for 15 minutes.
press and hold the power and volume down again until it vibrates

it should boot up after that

if not... reinstall the rom while in flashing mode and plugged in

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...update-any-l920-gdr2-amber-13-easy-steps.html

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My died on me when I only had it 2 days, I held the power button and the volume down like they said for 30 sec, was ready to take it in too the phone store after work and though I'll hold the buttons down longer. It was minutes instead of seconds before the phone vibrated and finally came back to life, try holding the buttons down until it vibrates, it may take minutes instead of seconds. Mine went dead after a windows update when I first got it.

Khalid Gravi

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
same thing happened with my Nokia Lumia 920 it was on roger RM-820 then I flashed it with RM-821 then red notification then my phone is completely dead computer don't even feel it when I plug it in to the USB Ports so please if you found the solution let me know or any body else if have a solution please tell us:unhappy:

UPDATE: after charging it with wireless charger now its shows up in device manager as USB input Device!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss