At&t and the whole GDR2 holdup

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Are there any updates/rumors going around as to why evil A is taking so long to approve GDR2? I'm starting to wonder if they've decided to skip the release all together.

Although it probably wouldn't accomplish much, I would be curious to hear AT&t's response to the question if posed by a tech website like wpcentral.

joshredraider

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Live Chat with them right now asking where the update is. Sent the rep the link to the Windows Team Blog detailing the update along with updated OS version. We'll see how he/she responds.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What "holdup?. The date given was that devices would be updated by the end of September, which is still more than 5 weeks away.

Unless October starts and the update still isn't available, there is no delay/holdup...

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What "holdup?. The date given was that devices would be updated by the end of September, which is still more than 5 weeks away.

Unless October starts and the update still isn't available, there is no delay/holdup...

I thought end of september was for the lower end devices. I thought 92x would get it first. But I mean, it's not a big deal, just the fact that VERIZON of all people would push the update on day 1, they've been outspoken about their dislike for windows phone before. And ATT, the "premier partner" is still testing

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
If nobody has issues with the HTC 8x they will roll it out to the 920. :)
I just as soon wait and have it work correctly. I am not really having any issues currently with my 920.

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
The release of GDR2 for the HTC 8X doesn't really have much to do with the Lumia 920 rollout. The Lumia 920 is receiving a much more significant software update because Nokia is packaging some software and firmware improvements with Microsoft's GDR2 update.

That said, AT&T is holding up the update at this point. American carriers are notorious for taking their time with pushing updates, and frequently opting to simply not deliver them.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping that the delay with ATT is that they are testing DataSense. Unfortunately I think that this is unlikely, but I'm trying to be positive!

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The release of GDR2 for the HTC 8X doesn't really have much to do with the Lumia 920 rollout. The Lumia 920 is receiving a much more significant software update because Nokia is packaging some software and firmware improvements with Microsoft's GDR2 update.

That said, AT&T is holding up the update at this point. American carriers are notorious for taking their time with pushing updates, and frequently opting to simply not deliver them.

Its not like there is much more to test. The Lumia 1020 has GDR2+Amber pre-installed. the hardware is identical except for the screen, one gig more memory and the camera.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Any idea when the ATT rom will come to NCS? We're less than a week from the 26th and so far nothing! What if it doesn't come by then! Ahhhhhhh :cry:

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

It's a hold up compared to the speed of other carriers handling of the update and its laughable Verizon beat them.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I really wish I had gone with Nokia than the 8X but at the time the nokia devices didn't seem very appealing over the 8x. I'd rather update my device manually than wait for a carrier that may or may not ever push the update even if it does risk my device bricking.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a hold up compared to the speed of other carriers handling of the update and its laughable Verizon beat them.

It doesn't matter what other carriers are doing, It's not a hold up until the given date has come and gone. Until then, it's just uncontrolled impatience and whinging.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter what other carriers are doing, It's not a hold up until the given date has come and gone. Until then, it's just uncontrolled impatience and whinging.

GDR2+Amber is complete and shipped and ATT hasn't released it. That means it's being held up. End of story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750