HELP with GPS, can't find my location

MSCML

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody, i have a lumia 920 from TIM carrier, Italy. Now i am in Romania and i have Amber update on my phone but with a software from France and with another product code than my phone. Everything works great only gps has a problem. HERE Maps, HERE Drive+, gMaps, GPSinfo none of these can't find my location. after 10 min of looking for satellites in airplane mode and nothing. I don't know why.I have Romania map downloaded ,HERE Maps set to offline and nothing, outside under clean sky. Could be from the software? Can i flash my phone with one from TIM carrier back,which was released before amber, to downgrade? Thank you.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Is location ON? If it is, then try soft reset. Sometimes GPS gets stuck at least on my Lumia 920 and soft reset always helps.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Turn on your data bro... ._.

I understand him.. I have a black 920 which coincidence or not, my carrier is tim as well (brazil).. and there are sometimes which the gps never founds me, it keeps looking for me but nothing.. and sometimes it just goes.. it's very strange

MSCML

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
For now i don't have internet on my sim so why to turn on data? if i use it with airplane mode off it takes data from carrier( is not TIM) and find me somewhere 500 m from where i am. It happened once just with gps to find me a few km, in other city... Strange. My nokia 5800 could find me even in the house with a roof above me,offline, using garmin.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, sounds like bad gps chip. If you are near wlan, you could verify that by downloading any app from store that shows how many satellites your gps finds. If none, then there must be something wrong with the gps itself. I don't any apps by name, but at least some race track timing apps has this feature.

BTW. Can you see the "location" icon (next to your battery icon" on your phone when you start Maps?

MSCML

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I had gpsinfo. When i used with airplane mode off app could find a location and it was saying it uses assisted gps or something like that( info from my carrier).In airplane mode nothing just looking for satellites. The location icon appears everytime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos