Did AT&T forget about us?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I swear you have to work for AT&T.

Nope, I work for a chemical company in Irvine, CA.

I understand they still within their time frame to deliver the update.

Then you really have nothing to complain about for this issue. Should be end of thread now. But...

What bothers me and most of the people commenting on the thread is that they are the Premier Carrier, they have Nokia's backup but they are failing to deliver a major update in comparison to other carriers.

Unless you work for those carriers, or AT&T, and have intimate knowledge of what it takes for those carriers to put out updates, you don't know that they're failing. You don't know anything.

Did you know that AT&T released GDR2 for the HTC 8X? Yeah, AT&T who has - according to you - completely failed to support WP8 has actually released GDR2! And it's already on the Nokia Lumia 520 and the 1020.

So... "failing to deliver"? Huh, ok. Maybe you should revert to Spanish, because you're not getting it much in English.

Bob Shiska

May 13, 2013
Visit site
If anything, I think that's my frustration and I think the source for many others. Nokia makes a big fanfare of it, starts rolling it out on new devices and the rest of us are stuck waiting. Nokia, and to be fair most other companies, engage in this sort of nonsense of premature announcements. In their eagerness to generate buzz they announce a a device or update far too early but the end result is that by the time the product hits the market people are frustrated or have moved on.

But it's not premature. They released the 925/1030 within weeks of their announcements. Those phones were developed with GDR2, everything else needs to have firmware updated to peacefully coexist. Furthermore, Nokia and carriers have finite resources, and would clearly focus on getting new handsets out over delivering minor tweaks to existing devices. It just makes sense that GDR2 on the 920 would come after the 925 and 1020.

It's less than a month from the 1020 release. Only a week since VZW released on the 928. Not the end of the world.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, If I pay for a phone to Nokia.. and the phone price includes the FM radio that I have not used and now At&t does not want to activate the FM radio that I already paid for just because they want to charge me extra for their At&t radio service then Nokia MUST either fix the issue by forcing At&t to push this in the amber update or refund the money for the Radio that they are not guaranteeing as functional. There must be some kind of legal action that we can take to force At&t to give us what we paid for. At GDR1 we understood that the OS did not support the FM Radio but now it does so there is no reason why they would retain it from us. Let's hope they won't deny that right of ours to use what we have in our phone. I was enough their blocking our Internet sharing, Damn I am paid for this data plan and I should be able to share it with anybody.

Should I pay more for a Soda just because I am giving some to a thirsty homeless person? Am I not entitled to choose who I give my stuff If I am paying for it? What's happening in America? What's going on in the land of freedom?

So At&t, take the time that you need to test the update but give us what we have been waiting for and what we are rightfully entitled for.
Here is what they should give you
http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/08/15/green-light-for-lumia-amber/

Bob Shiska

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I was enough their blocking our Internet sharing, Damn I am paid for this data plan and I should be able to share it with anybody.

Should I pay more for a Soda just because I am giving some to a thirsty homeless person? Am I not entitled to choose who I give my stuff If I am paying for it? What's happening in America? What's going on in the land of freedom?

Did you make an agreement when you purchased said soda that you would not give some to a thirsty homeless person? Did Coca-cola or whatever supplier you got it from offer a different, more expensive agreement that would allow you to give some to a homeless person?

It's not a right if you agreed explicitly that it wasn't in the package you purchased.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, If I pay for a phone to Nokia.. and the phone price includes the FM radio that I have not used and now At&t does not want to activate the FM radio that I already paid for just because they want to charge me extra for their At&t radio service then Nokia MUST either fix the issue by forcing At&t to push this in the amber update or refund the money for the Radio that they are not guaranteeing as functional. There must be some kind of legal action that we can take to force At&t to give us what we paid for. At GDR1 we understood that the OS did not support the FM Radio but now it does so there is no reason why they would retain it from us. Let's hope they won't deny that right of ours to use what we have in our phone. I was enough their blocking our Internet sharing, Damn I am paid for this data plan and I should be able to share it with anybody.

So At&t, take the time that you need to test the update but give us what we have been waiting for and what we are rightfully entitled for.

Pretty sure ATT will include FM radio. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 8X and 1020 have the FM radio? So don't worry!

mcclelland27

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
AT&T To Seed Amber on Lumia 920 Soon | NokiaViews.com

AT&T To Seed Amber on Lumia 920 Soon
Nokia has pushed Amber update to all of its Lumia windows phones, but AT&T, which is the touted as main Windows Phone network provider in US is still testing it. One reddit user contacted Microsoft Store’s employee and he was told that AT&T will be seeding the GDR2, a k a Amber update in less than two weeks. He mentioned August 26 in his post.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
When 1308 was released, att pushed it out immediately... Then many people had connectivity issues. It took a week or so and then att pushed out 1314. Maybe they are actually testing this update?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
People get annoyed because AT&T customers in particular have developed a habit of moaning and groaning about stuff there is absolutely no reason to moan and groan about in every single possible place, multiple times.

This is at least the second thread dedicated to a question that was answered before the first thread was created.

It gets incredibly frustrating reading the same childish rubbish and not being able to avoid it if one wants simply to use a website.

I could understand that, but if they don't want to see dissatisfied AT&T users' complaints, why do they spend so much time reading their threads and posting most of the replies? So there are 2 threads about AT&T updates. By clicking one of them and participating, you've devoted much more time to reading AT&T complaints than you ever would have if you'd ignored it. And you haven't prevented another thread, since whoever starts the next one will obviously not have read this one.

So the question remains unanswered as to why so many non-AT&T users come to this thread to bash AT&T users who want the update, cluttering up the thread and making it harder to see if anyone has actual info, such as new correspondence with an AT&T rep.

Sorry you have to see two topics about AT&T users (but you didn't have to click on them), but we have to read through lots of posts about why AT&T users shouldn't care. So in that light I'll have to agree with your last statement: "it gets incredibly frustrating reading the same childish rubbish and not being able to avoid it if one wants simply to use a website."

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a rep of the office of the president for AT&T wireless she advises the update is being tested once completed it will be released

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I work for a chemical company in Irvine, CA.

Then you really have nothing to complain about for this issue. Should be end of thread now. But...

Unless you work for those carriers, or AT&T, and have intimate knowledge of what it takes for those carriers to put out updates, you don't know that they're failing. You don't know anything.

Did you know that AT&T released GDR2 for the HTC 8X? Yeah, AT&T who has - according to you - completely failed to support WP8 has actually released GDR2! And it's already on the Nokia Lumia 520 and the 1020.

So... "failing to deliver"? Huh, ok. Maybe you should revert to Spanish, because you're not getting it much in English.
oh sweet so the 8x has it ,the 520 has it and the 1020 has it.so what is the problem with releasing's the update if it can work on the 8x, 520,1020 then it can work on the 920 or Nokia would not have published it no questions about it makes no sense what's so different and special about the 920 vs all the other device like the 1020..oh I know its the fm tuner there having a problem picking up npr now I get it ......so silly

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
No it was not I dealt with these folks in the past they are straight shooters She said she will call be back with more and she will they always followed up in the past

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
so what is the problem with releasing's the update if it can work on the 8x, 520,1020

I don't know; I don't work for AT&T. Neither does anyone else on this thread. That's the point; we don't know what "testing" entails. We don't know how involved it is. We don't know to what lengths AT&T goes. There could be many problems, there could be few problems. We just don't know.

But! They're obviously working on it. AT&T is obviously putting it out. So all this whinging that it's not here yet - especially when it's not overdue - is pointless and silly.

what's so different and special about the 920 vs all the other device like the 1020

Again, I don't know. Obviously something, or it would be out already. Like the 8X, 520, and 1020.

Bob Shiska

May 13, 2013
Visit site
oh sweet so the 8x has it ,the 520 has it and the 1020 has it.so what is the problem with releasing's the update if it can work on the 8x, 520,1020 then it can work on the 920 or Nokia would not have published it no questions about it makes no sense what's so different and special about the 920 vs all the other device like the 1020..oh I know its the fm tuner there having a problem picking up npr now I get it ......so silly
The 920 doesn't have the same hardware as the 8X, 520, and 1020. You don't know that it works. The camera is definitely different, different flash. Different screen. Who knows what else, might have different accelerometers, power circuits, etc. Thus the need to test, which ATT is doing now. Hopefully when I get the update my phone doesn't get messed like a decent number of the 8Xs did.

Pepe D Vegas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I swear you have to work for AT&T. I understand they still within their time frame to deliver the update. What bothers me and most of the people commenting on the thread is that they are the Premier Carrier, they have Nokia's backup but they are failing to deliver a major update in comparison to other carriers. Is not about what phone anyone has. Is about delivering an update that AT& T in the past have been the first doing so once again because they are THE PREMIER CARRIER . Is not about the time frame they have is about being the official carrier and not delivering the update to your clients that month after month are paying their bill and expect the same features others in other carriers are already enyoying. Do you understand that or you want me to write in Spanish for you and maybe you can get it. Cause since the beginning of the thread I understand the September time frame.

Thank you Alex I came into this topic late and don't have to waste my time responding you covered it san!

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The 920 doesn't have the same hardware as the 8X, 520, and 1020. You don't know that it works. The camera is definitely different, different flash. Different screen. Who knows what else, might have different accelerometers, power circuits, etc. Thus the need to test, which ATT is doing now. Hopefully when I get the update my phone doesn't get messed like a decent number of the 8Xs did.

It works on the 920 in Canada and Australia. The 92X variants work on Verizon and TMobile. I personally think they are making sure to strip out Data Sense. Other than that, I'm not sure what they need to test that hasn't been tested by the other networks.

Being a Zune Pass subscriber and knowing that the DRM fix is sitting on a server is so frustrating. If AT&T communicated with us...at all, it would be so much better. I'm wondering if it would just be worth it to manually flash the ROM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss