10-19-2013 11:19 AM
1,126 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Yea this wait sucks, if it is released in late Sept. that is ridiculous, GDR3 might be close by then. ATT are being douches and at the least should properly communicate why they are holding this up.
    08-27-2013 09:46 AM
    ATT is doing what they always do regarding smartphone firmware updates... They strip out features that break the o/s and then by the time they get things working again they release their franken mess of an outdated update.
    08-27-2013 09:59 AM
    A new frustrating analogy: AT&T wants to sell Lumia 925 so they wont send update to L920.
    08-27-2013 02:21 PM
    not sure Nokia will stand for that. TO the point of they may say ******************** you and send the update to users.

You want to damage a partner relationship real quick, do something stupid like kill updates for a flagship phone.
    08-27-2013 03:51 PM
    Nokia Lumia 920 isn't going to be the flagship phone anymore, that's the problem. By not releasing the GDR2 to 920 they hope to sell more 925's. The 925 is also a Nokia phone, you think they care if ATT doesn't update the 920? No. They will sell more 925's then.

What really confuses me is they released the update for the HTC 8x, also a Windows Phone. I know GDR2 is a combo of MS update and Nokia update, so unless the Nokia portion really steps out of bounds with ATT where is the problem? Also the 1025 runs GDR2, and that release didn't see any real delays. So we all know the GDR2 works with ATT just fine. SO WTF ATT????
    08-27-2013 06:04 PM
    Nokia Lumia 920 isn't going to be the flagship phone anymore, that's the problem. By not releasing the GDR2 to 920 they hope to sell more 925's. The 925 is also a Nokia phone, you think they care if ATT doesn't update the 920? No. They will sell more 925's then.

What really confuses me is they released the update for the HTC 8x, also a Windows Phone. I know GDR2 is a combo of MS update and Nokia update, so unless the Nokia portion really steps out of bounds with ATT where is the problem? Also the 1025 runs GDR2, and that release didn't see any real delays. So we all know the GDR2 works with ATT just fine. SO WTF ATT????
    No GDR2 is MS, Amber is nokia. We are waiting for Amber+GDR2.
    08-27-2013 06:13 PM
    No GDR2 is MS, Amber is nokia. We are waiting for Amber+GDR2.
    Amber is built on top of GDR2. You can't have Amber without GDR2. But yea, we are waiting for the amber update (which includes GDR2) which is being held up by ATT.
    08-27-2013 08:01 PM
    Yeah, you guys are probably right about the 925. They'll wait until the 925 "newness" buzz wears off, and then give us 920 owners the update..
    08-27-2013 08:47 PM
    Ye gads.

Current 920 owners fall into two categories: those who are ineligible for upgrade because they haven't even had their phone a full year, and those who bought their phone off-contract and wouldn't buy an on-contract phone anyway. Neither group are prime candidates for 925 sales, so it does AT&T no good to delay 920 updates in the hopes it would drive 920 users to the 925. Or to the 1020, for that matter, for the same reasons.
    I Unquello likes this.
    08-27-2013 08:58 PM
    I've now heard the update for the 920 will be the released end of September. @AT&T Forums, I hope they can do better than that, but I doubt they really care.
    08-27-2013 09:01 PM
    My recollection is that AT&T has always said it would likely be the end of September.
    08-27-2013 09:03 PM
    I want to burn something...damn it ATT! I hate you
    DatManWolf likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:05 PM
    My recollection is that AT&T has always said it would likely be the end of September.
    I think you're right, and it stinks, phew weeee
    08-27-2013 09:06 PM
    Lol, maye they did say end of september, but what if they said next January, would you say, ah well they promised end of January, no big deal
    08-27-2013 09:06 PM
    I want to burn something...damn it ATT! I hate you
    Good golly they can sure feel the love when we pay our bill every month though.
    08-27-2013 09:09 PM
    Perhaps its time MS and Nokia make their devices unbranded for the US market so ATT can get out of the way

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
    08-27-2013 09:31 PM
    what if they said next January, would you say, ah well they promised end of January
    For this update? No, that would be too much. But September isn't January, and September isn't horrendously late. I'm not going to die, nor is my phone going to spontaneously combust, if I have to wait until September. It's all about perspective; we're talking about an OS update for our smartphones, not the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. All this gnashing of teeth and cursing AT&T seems a little excessive to me.
    apalm8 likes this.
    08-27-2013 10:21 PM
    Perhaps its time MS and Nokia make their devices unbranded for the US market so ATT can get out of the way

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
    +1 for a nexus program :)
    08-27-2013 10:33 PM
    Ye gads.

Current 920 owners fall into two categories: those who are ineligible for upgrade because they haven't even had their phone a full year, and those who bought their phone off-contract and wouldn't buy an on-contract phone anyway. Neither group are prime candidates for 925 sales, so it does AT&T no good to delay 920 updates in the hopes it would drive 920 users to the 925. Or to the 1020, for that matter, for the same reasons.
    Yes true, point taken... But what about the potential first time Windows Phone customer, who doesn't want to shell out all the clams for a 1020, will have the next step down choice of either a 920, with portico for $49, or the newer 925 with the highly publicized "Nokia Amber" for only 50 bucks more (with a 2year service plan of course)?

*sigh*
    Idk... I bet as soon as I come up with the balls to flash this thing, then they'll have the update ready lol
    08-27-2013 11:14 PM
    For this update? No, that would be too much. But September isn't January, and September isn't horrendously late. I'm not going to die, nor is my phone going to spontaneously combust, if I have to wait until September. It's all about perspective; we're talking about an OS update for our smartphones, not the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. All this gnashing of teeth and cursing AT&T seems a little excessive to me.
    Stir stir stir

stir-up-bump_stir_it3.jpg

All we can do is wait and hope Amber was as good as it was played up to be.
    08-27-2013 11:36 PM
    Yes true, point taken... But what about the potential first time Windows Phone customer, who doesn't want to shell out all the clams for a 1020, will have the next step down choice of either a 920, with portico for $49, or the newer 925 with the highly publicized "Nokia Amber" for only 50 bucks more (with a 2year service plan of course)?

*sigh*
    Idk... I bet as soon as I come up with the balls to flash this thing, then they'll have the update ready lol
    Haha yea, that's what I feel too! As soon as I flash it the update will be out the next day. Happens all the time! Ah well
    08-28-2013 03:15 AM
    I bet as soon as I come up with the balls to flash this thing, then they'll have the update ready lol
    Haha yea, that's what I feel too! As soon as I flash it the update will be out the next day. Happens all the time! Ah well
    In that case...

...why don't you two just go ahead and flash the update so that I can get it from AT&T? :D
    08-28-2013 09:28 AM
    But what about the potential first time Windows Phone customer, who doesn't want to shell out all the clams for a 1020, will have the next step down choice of either a 920, with portico for $49, or the newer 925 with the highly publicized "Nokia Amber" for only 50 bucks more (with a 2year service plan of course)?
    Compared against the revenue lost from the 920 customers who bailed on AT&T for not pushing out Amber at all? AT&T might be a bunch of d*cks, but they're not stupid d*cks.
    08-28-2013 09:32 AM
    I honestly don't see this as a large update so I am not going nuts. The features added are not ground breaking. I will say if they finally provided custom notifications, or really synced the xbox music/video from wp8 to w8 and xbox then maybe Id be griping a bit more.
    08-28-2013 09:37 AM
    While I can't disagree with you at all. It is however ridiculous that att can't get us the update by now. I would even go as far to say that its all there fault as other carriers have already released the update. Really no excuse at this point.
    Jazmac, Tom Snyder and ajj3085 like this.
    08-28-2013 09:40 AM
1,126 ... 45678 ...