Did AT&T forget about us?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I really just think they are being slow on getting the testing done. Conspiracy theory is fun to talk about, but I don't think that is what is happening here.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
From a reliable source (two weeks ago) at MS (so believe me or not) but there was a bug/issue (couldn?t give details) in the update for the 920 on ATT. No ETA but it is coming.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
From a reliable source (two weeks ago) at MS (so believe me or not) but there was a bug/issue (couldn’t give details) in the update for the 920 on ATT. No ETA but it is coming.

could very well be the main reason for the hold up... ATT needs to make sure that there's no lingering bugs prior to rolling it out...

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
agree - an update from ATT would have been nice just to let us know what the hold up is.. but eh.. will get it when we get it.. This better be worth the wait.

captblaze

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
From a reliable source (two weeks ago) at MS (so believe me or not) but there was a bug/issue (couldn?t give details) in the update for the 920 on ATT. No ETA but it is coming.

I can see it now...

ATT: hey Microsoft we stripped data sense and FM radio from the gdr2 update for the L920and it really borked the O/S, What should we do?
MS: stop doing dumb assed stuff like that and wait till we can free up resources for you

yet another speculation regarding ATT and their smartphone incompetance

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
From a reliable source (two weeks ago) at MS (so believe me or not) but there was a bug/issue (couldn’t give details) in the update for the 920 on ATT. No ETA but it is coming.

Understandable if that is the case, however the lack of communication is what is causing must of problems. all they have to say is we found a bug in the firmware on our network and we want to make sure to fix it before released. Everyone would understand that and have no problem with it.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why AT&T is involved in the update of the WP platform and Nokia firmware?

Do they do this with the iPhone? As far as I remember, whenever apple said it was going to come out, I was able to do my update. No waiting for AT&T to do their testing.

Why are they so involved in testing the WP update?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Understandable if that is the case, however the lack of communication is what is causing must of problems. all they have to say is we found a bug in the firmware on our network and we want to make sure to fix it before released. Everyone would understand that and have no problem with it.

I agree, which is why I asked him about it.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why are they so involved in testing the WP update?

Because AT&T has the leverage in the relationship with Nokia and Microsoft. They're going to do what's in their own best interest and that usually means being against the best interests of the consumer.

I think they simple don't care because it's not a top selling phone and it's like not a profitable platform for them. But it's also possible they're hoping to push a few users to their newer phones already running Amber.

Is it the end of the world for us? Of course not, but it's the principle of the matter that irks me. It's obvious they can't be bothered and they do have a history of hostile business practices against their consumers.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Because AT&T has the leverage in the relationship with Nokia and Microsoft. They're going to do what's in their own best interest and that usually means being against the best interests of the consumer.

I think they simple don't care because it's not a top selling phone and it's like not a profitable platform for them. But it's also possible they're hoping to push a few users to their newer phones already running Amber.

Is it the end of the world for us? Of course not, but it's the principle of the matter that irks me. It's obvious they can't be bothered and they do have a history of hostile business practices against their consumers.

From the impression I got...it did not appear to be completly ATT's fault on this delay. Granted they could test the corrected, bug resolved, FW faster.

danktreez

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
At&t will undoubtedly wait until the very last week of September to push the update out even though they already have two phones on their network running it just fine. Theories abound as to why. At the end of the day It doesn't matter. I dont think they forgot about us they simply just dont give a fu#k. They will delay release as long as they possibly can while they focus on selling more of the new products with these features on board already. As for Data sense At&t will screw us with that to. As Dan Rubino stated there is no reason to expect it when the Lumia 1020 and 520 running GDR2 don't have it.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
At&t will undoubtedly wait until the very last week of September to push the update out even though they already have two phones on their network running it just fine. Theories abound as to why. At the end of the day It doesn't matter. I dont think they forgot about us they simply just dont give a fu#k. They will delay release as long as they possibly can while they focus on selling more of the new products with these features on board already. As for Data sense At&t will screw us with that to. As Dan Rubino stated there is no reason to expect it when the Lumia 1020 and 520 running GDR2 don't have it.

They really don't care and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release it way after October, they really don't care once they have you locked in with a 2 year contract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720