Did AT&T forget about us?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been firing off daily tweets to @ATTCustomerCare, @ATT, @Nokia, and @NokiaCareUS. I'm getting replies, but nothing solid yet. I'm in no hurry to get the update, but I do think they need a bit of pressure so that they know there are people waiting for it. I tend to wait until they say something like, "Want to backup your contacts on your Samsung UberAndroidPhoneOfGreatness?" and I reply with something like, "What I really want is the Amber/GDR2 update for my Lumia 920."

Feel free to join in, if you'd like. I'm @iamtim on twitter so you can see what I'm posting.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I've been having issues with Internet Sharing (even with the Spanish keyboard, it stopped working after a few weeks) and Live Tiles not updating with the 'AT&T' dev rom (which is really a Canadian dev rom, for what it's worth).

I wouldn't personally recommend it to people based on my experiences with it.

Have you attempted to revert back to stock ATT?

JackG058

Oct 31, 2006
www.LatterDayTruth.org
I've been firing off daily tweets to @ATTCustomerCare, @ATT, @Nokia, and @NokiaCareUS. I'm getting replies, but nothing solid yet. I'm in no hurry to get the update, but I do think they need a bit of pressure so that they know there are people waiting for it. I tend to wait until they say something like, "Want to backup your contacts on your Samsung UberAndroidPhoneOfGreatness?" and I reply with something like, "What I really want is the Amber/GDR2 update for my Lumia 920."

Feel free to join in, if you'd like. I'm @iamtim on twitter so you can see what I'm posting.

Here's the reply I received today: @JackG058 we are working to release the update, no ETA avail, pls keep chking http://soc.att.com/17zKQDM for most recent info Thanks ^Leslie
Note that it tells me absolutely nothing, but then I'm not surprised.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Guess AT&T are testing all these new iPhones and will get around to the Lumia after September 10th. Either that or they rejected the update because Amber does not fix the battery drain issue and are waiting a fix. (I can but dream)

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Guess AT&T are testing all these new iPhones and will get around to the Lumia after September 10th. Either that or they rejected the update because Amber does not fix the battery drain issue and are waiting a fix. (I can but dream)
Some may have a battery issue, the vast majority do not.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Au Contraire...http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/238706-do-you-have-random-battery-drain.html

I personally have gone through 3 920's and they all had random battery drain, so it's definitely not bad hardware. Most of the time I can go 14 hours and be at 50%. But every once in a while, it'll be dead within 8 hours. I find it hard to believe that some 920 owners have never had this problem. But anyway, back to the topic at hand, I doubt ATT cares about battery drain on lumias haha. I wish they did though!

Pepe D Vegas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I get the random battery drains as well. I can't explain it I block almost all background tasks, and reset my phone occasionally. I'm pretty sure some just don't realize the battery drain because some just play it off as phone going in and out of signal. Hopefully we can get this damn update soon.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Au Contraire...http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/238706-do-you-have-random-battery-drain.html

I personally have gone through 3 920's and they all had random battery drain, so it's definitely not bad hardware. Most of the time I can go 14 hours and be at 50%. But every once in a while, it'll be dead within 8 hours. I find it hard to believe that some 920 owners have never had this problem. But anyway, back to the topic at hand, I doubt ATT cares about battery drain on lumias haha. I wish they did though!

What is interesting about that thread is that it's not just the 920, but every Lumia device. Which really points mostly to an OS bug as I find it unlikely the S4 chipset has a hardware issue they wouldn't have revised out.

Back on topic...

Tweeting AT&T does sound a good idea. Will go add my voice.

JackG058

Oct 31, 2006
www.LatterDayTruth.org
I soft reset my phone every night after I put it on the charger, and close out of all my programs when finished with them. I don't get battery drain as a result. I took tons of pictures and some HD video on Sunday while at the races, and had my phone off the charger from early morning until late at night, and didn't drain my battery. From my experience, the batter life is way better than what I found on Android.​

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
T Moore said:

While that article has opened my eyes to the "battery drain issue", you must remember that WPC is only but a subset of WP users. WPC is made up of the enthusiasts, the "people in the know". There are many more users who aren't on WPC than who are, so that thread really only speaks for a minority. And... not even 100 users have responded at this point.

Sure, once could say that extrapolating from that sample is valid, however, outside of WPC I'll bet most people don't have the "battery drain issue" and if they do, they don't notice or care that it's out of the ordinary.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't resist...

AT&T ‏@ATT 17h
We've shared 100 Reasons #ItCanWait. Take the pledge at Texting & Driving - It Can Wait & tell us your reason with #ItCanWait. pic.twitter.com/Z4esWYGWHn

DatManWolf ‏@DatmanWolf 1m
@ATT #itcanwait is apparently the same rule you use for approving updates! #nokia #lumia920 #speeditup #stopstrippingfeatures

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
While that article has opened my eyes to the "battery drain issue", you must remember that WPC is only but a subset of WP users. WPC is made up of the enthusiasts, the "people in the know". There are many more users who aren't on WPC than who are, so that thread really only speaks for a minority. And... not even 100 users have responded at this point.

Sure, once could say that extrapolating from that sample is valid, however, outside of WPC I'll bet most people don't have the "battery drain issue" and if they do, they don't notice or care that it's out of the ordinary.

Of course it's a small subset of users, but I don't think that people aren't having the battery drain issue. They just don't notice or think it's normal. I have a non-techy friend with a Lumia 928 on Verizon, and he was asking me the other day why his Lumia lost 35% of it's battery in one hour with the screen off. (He wasn't too happy about his choice of phone at this point). But at least he has someone experienced with windows phones to help him out. I'll bet there are other people who would assume Lumias have bad battery life and get distaste for the whole OS as a result. If there was a chance that Nokia or Microsoft could fix the issue in a reasonable amount of time, then I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks/a month longer for the update. But with all that said, I doubt ATT is holding back the update for the battery drain issue.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't resist...

AT&T ‏@ATT 17h
We've shared 100 Reasons #ItCanWait. Take the pledge at Texting & Driving - It Can Wait & tell us your reason with #ItCanWait. pic.twitter.com/Z4esWYGWHn

@ATT #itcanwait is apparently the same rule you use for approving updates! #nokia #lumia920 #speeditup #stopstrippingfeatures

Hah! i like that. Probably won't reply to that though

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't resist...

AT&T ‏@ATT 17h

That's a thing of beauty right there. Mind if I use that?

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't resist...

AT&T ‏@ATT 17h

I hope you don't mind but I did something similar after seeing your post! Good stuff!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa