Did AT&T forget about us?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The difference is they have more leverage with the carriers. On top of that I'm pretty sure Apple also has behind the scenes agreements and contracts with the carriers.

That's basically what I've heard. Apple gives the updates to the carriers with a strict timeline of when to have it ready to go.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
An interesting question is does the developer device work on a retail phone and also have things like Data Sense that AT&T are rumored to be removing?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just found Amber update for this Lumia 920 product code : 059R2L5

View attachment 42635

This has been around for over a month now. Also, users have stated that there is no ATT branding anywhere and has nothing to do with ATT. In fact you have to flash Canada's Rogers rom before being able to get to this. On the brightside, it supports every GDR2 feature including Data Sense. I'm just not 100% positive if anyone has been able to flash back to ATT retail rom from this dev rom.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This has been around for over a month now. Also, users have stated that there is no ATT branding anywhere and has nothing to do with ATT. In fact you have to flash Canada's Rogers rom before being able to get to this. On the brightside, it supports every GDR2 feature including Data Sense. I'm just not 100% positive if anyone has been able to flash back to ATT retail rom from this dev rom.
It has been established since that you can flash back to stock ATT (see post#3 here on XDA, others have confirmed this). People who reported problems initially didn't realize that any OTA on the pre-portico Rogers will not allow you to go back to stock. In other words, you can go back by simply re-flashing the pre-portico Rogers as you would in the first round, however you do not allow any OTA and you can then flash to stock ATT.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It has been established since that you can flash back to stock ATT (see post#3 here on XDA, others have confirmed this). People who reported problems initially didn't realize that any OTA on the pre-portico Rogers will not allow you to go back to stock. In other words, you can go back by simply re-flashing the pre-portico Rogers as you would in the first round, however you do not allow any OTA and you can then flash to stock ATT.

No, you can't. If you flash the Rogers pre-portico, and then update OTA, which is necessary in order to be able to flash the AT&T dev ROM with Amber, you are then stuck. From that point on, you can no longer flash the Rogers pre-portico update again, which means you can't go back to the AT&T ROM ever again.

The 'AT&T Dev ROM' isn't really an AT&T ROM at all, either. it's just an unbranded version of the Rogers ROM. As I've already said, I don't recommend flashing it either. I've had major issues with it. Internet Sharing worked for a week after doing the Mexican keyboard thing, but it's completely broken now (I pay for it)... and live tiles don't update either. So like I've said much earlier in this thread, I really don't think it's a good idea for most people to be doing this procedure.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know exactly what prevents the phone from being flashed with whatever firmware you want? Is this obstacle in the phone or something in NCS?

pmc64

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
No, you can't. If you flash the Rogers pre-portico, and then update OTA, which is necessary in order to be able to flash the AT&T dev ROM with Amber, you are then stuck. From that point on, you can no longer flash the Rogers pre-portico update again, which means you can't go back to the AT&T ROM ever again.

The 'AT&T Dev ROM' isn't really an AT&T ROM at all, either. it's just an unbranded version of the Rogers ROM. As I've already said, I don't recommend flashing it either. I've had major issues with it. Internet Sharing worked for a week after doing the Mexican keyboard thing, but it's completely broken now (I pay for it)... and live tiles don't update either. So like I've said much earlier in this thread, I really don't think it's a good idea for most people to be doing this procedure.
I have that problem. I get this error. "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device." If anyone finds a solution to this let me know.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have that problem. I get this error. "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device." If anyone finds a solution to this let me know.

Sigh...this is the only thing holding me back! Ughhh

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

This is exactly what i was thinking! Thanks for the clarification before I pulled the trigger

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Then paulday and haramzee at XDA are wrong - apologies if that is indeed the case. They claimed that they've done it several times. I would seriously like to see his response to pmc64's post in his own (paulday) thread.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I think it's safe to say the Windows Phone update system is a broken mess. Hopefully with the acquisition of Nokia there will be a push for a unified updated system.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft couldn't unify something if their lives depended on it. Look at the broken mess with some of the products they've owned for years. For a company comprised of genius millionaires, they're about as disconnected and incompetent as can be.

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
waiting on the GDR2/Amber update for Lumia 920 while the rest of world has it. Thought AT&T was exclusive carrier for 920?? My A**!!

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
They have the ios gm release for the iPhone and iPad variants on the ios apple dev center already. Not OTA, but the bits are already out. Pulled them down at 4PM.

Last edited:

jobinthomas

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I get the random battery drain as well. Just sent my 920 out to Nokia today and using my 521 for now

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't doubt that MAYBE there is some network bug that they are working on, but why is there always so much secrecy?? It just makes customers antsy and angry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb