Did AT&T forget about us?

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The thing I like about glance is the out of pocket usability. Pull the phone out, see the time(and eventually notifications) without having to hit the button, and then back in our pocket. Outside of that, waving my hand over my phone is dumb, and not any easier than just hitting the button.

I've not noticed the tones change. I'm using the Microsoft tones(and a custom ringtone), is it just the Nokia ones that are lower?

Glance will be cool once notifications are enabled but right now its pointless to me. The generic nokia text tone is super soft now.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
So far I am liking GDR2/Amber. OS seems lighter, a bit faster, especially internet explorer.
MS, keep it going, may be an ios killer after all!

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just checked. And it's happening in the stock camera app as well. The difference is that the stock camera app takes the yellowish picture in the live view, whereas the procam pictures change when you view them in the little bubble after you've taken the picture. Try this:

Take a low-mid light picture in the stock camera app. Then take the same picture with pro cam. Click on the bubble and watch it process in to a yellowish color. Then click back and click on the camera roll button next to it. Now compare the two pictures side by side. Exactly the same.

The camera apps process the pics to a lower resolution to make them easier and less processor-hungry to view on the phone. And, in the process, the yellowish color comes out.
But, if you upload your pics to your computer you'll notice that the yellowish color is gone, the pics are beautiful and in high-resolution (Try to watch them on a HD screen and you'll see what I mean).

It is a known flaw and they're probably working on an update as we write this.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Local Scout has stopped working for me recently. Anyone else experience this? It was fine this morning, and now when I use local scout it keeps saying it can't find anything based on my filters (when it usually does).

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Dead!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Also, the Xbox Music store is being weird. I can't download some songs, and albums that use to show up aren't showing up anymore when I search for them. I wonder if Microsoft is doing some stuff behind the scenes, thus breaking music searches and local scout (in my case).

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The camera apps process the pics to a lower resolution to make them easier and less processor-hungry to view on the phone. And, in the process, the yellowish color comes out.
But, if you upload your pics to your computer you'll notice that the yellowish color is gone, the pics are beautiful and in high-resolution (Try to watch them on a HD screen and you'll see what I mean).

It is a known flaw and they're probably working on an update as we write this.

Confirmed!! You're right, the pictures look just fine on skydrive :) Thanks for the clarification

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Also, the Xbox Music store is being weird. I can't download some songs, and albums that use to show up aren't showing up anymore when I search for them. I wonder if Microsoft is doing some stuff behind the scenes, thus breaking music searches and local scout (in my case).

I'm having random errors with playing XBox music I don't remember having before.
I'll try downloading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte