GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+GDR3

tzones

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

hi, I was able to flash my AT&T Lumia 920(blck) with the Indian ROM(v. 8.0.10328.78, firmware: 3047.0000.1326.2009). I was wondering if there's anyway I can go back to the US based retail ROM? Currently I am unable to get LTE on my phone.

Thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

hi, I was able to flash my AT&T Lumia 920(blck) with the Indian ROM(v. 8.0.10328.78, firmware: 3047.0000.1326.2009). I was wondering if there's anyway I can go back to the US based retail ROM? Currently I am unable to get LTE on my phone.

Thanks

Indian ROMs lack LTE, your best bet would be to flash the EURO DEV ROM or the Rogers 920 ROM.

rishm

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Hi, since I see a few members here using AT&T 920 in India, I have a question - were you able to use the unlimited Nokia Music in India (before flashing a non-AT&T rom)?

I have written & spoken to Nokia support in India & US and both haven't been able to resolve my issue.

I suppose Nokia Music is linked to IMEI registered for a particular country. Since my AT&T IMEI is not registered with Nokia India, it doesn't work.

But would my 920 get the unltd subscription if I register it once I am in the US? My phone was never registered to Nokia Music in US.

The Nokia US support suggested that if I register it once in US, it should work in countries that have Nokia music; hence in India as well.
Thoughts?

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

While trying to get the data from Product Support Tool, I get this error,
can you please help with this!?

Error.png

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I have a French Amber Lumia 920 Rom. How would I go about flashing it to another country's? Is it possible? I'm looking to get LTE back.

achint

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

hi,
I am facing an issue at step-3(Setting everything up to Flash the Phone) where error message is "Access denied. Verify credentials". So, I am not able to download the rom.
error.jpg

Thanks in advance.

achint

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

me too facing the same issue, do u have solution for it now? plz help

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Sorry for the late replies guys, I've been away for a few days

Hi, since I see a few members here using AT&T 920 in India, I have a question - were you able to use the unlimited Nokia Music in India (before flashing a non-AT&T rom)?
I have written & spoken to Nokia support in India & US and both haven't been able to resolve my issue.
I suppose Nokia Music is linked to IMEI registered for a particular country. Since my AT&T IMEI is not registered with Nokia India, it doesn't work.
But would my 920 get the unltd subscription if I register it once I am in the US? My phone was never registered to Nokia Music in US.
The Nokia US support suggested that if I register it once in US, it should work in countries that have Nokia music; hence in India as well.
Thoughts?

I had the exact same question!! The 920 belongs to my brother. He bought new from the US, so I am guessing that the phone does have a Nokia Music unlimited subscription attached to it, which becomes attached to the first Nokia account signed into on the phone. He used his Indian Nokia account to sign in the first time, so I'm guessing the unlimited subscription won't work with the indian account. The thing to test is flash the phone back to stock US AT&T ROM, create a US Nokia Account and then make the phone connect to the Internet through a US proxy and see if it works - it's a long shot but I think it might work. And as you said, after registering the phone in US for unlimited, we could test if it works in India as well.... Problem is I don't think my brother would allow me to mess with his phone again as all his app data would get lost :eek:rly:

While trying to get the data from Product Support Tool, I get this error,
can you please help with this!?
View attachment 43671

Seems like a problem with your connection - if you can't get it to work try downloading the ROM from Navifirm

I have a French Amber Lumia 920 Rom. How would I go about flashing it to another country's? Is it possible? I'm looking to get LTE back.

The french ROM does not have LTE? I thought all european ROMs had it. You could try flashing the UK ROM, as I think it does have LTE.

hi,
I am facing an issue at step-3(Setting everything up to Flash the Phone) where error message is "Access denied. Verify credentials". So, I am not able to download the rom.
View attachment 43800
Thanks in advance.

I tried downloading the ROM with NCS, and it appears they have blocked access from downloading the files - You can try 2 things

1. Uninstall your current version of NCS and install the one found here (thanks f88, for mentioning this in the previous page)

2. If that does not work, try downloading the ROM through Navifirm
After downloading the ROM with navifirm, paste all the files to this location
Code:
[B]C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821[/B]

me too facing the same issue, do u have solution for it now? plz help

See above

achint

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Navifirm worked and i have started the download for RM-821 ...will keep posting my Progress...

Thanks a lot Games Goblin :)

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I have GDR2\Amber update now on my at&t Lumia 920 now.
thanks a loooot for all the help you give

retro_to_biggy58

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

hi guys, need help to fix this when flashing my Lumia 925.

I got this error :(

0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed

or not signed for this device.

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001106:

Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed

for this device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariant

PackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

achint

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I have Indian ROm with GDR2\Amber update now on my at&t Lumia 920 now.
thanks a lot for all the help you give :)

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

hello everyone !
i've tried to flash my at&t lumia 920 with rm-821 by following procedure described above. but got this error :
0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

cristobalflorian

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi, and thanks for this guide.. is the best... I have a question, I flashed an ATT Lumia 920 Yellow, but when I use a code to see the see the time the phone was used and variant, it says red... I used a French gdr2 rom from the list on NCS some days ago.... Is it a problem or its ok??

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Guys, is there other RM-820 Amber Firmware to use? I have a RM-820 from Argentina and i flashed Rogers Amber ROM with Nokia Care Suite, but my wifi is kinda slow and sometimes it just doesn't connect, this never happened when i was with the original firmware or AT&T Dev ROM, so i was wondering if apart from Rogers is there any other firmware for RM-820 to use since i don't want to do the tutorial to pass to RM-821

Karan Bhutani

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
I m getting the following error while flashing to rm-821 indian whilte..plz help

Last edited:

Nacho Gutierrez

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I m getting the following error while flashing to rm-821 indian whilte..plz help

I am receiving the same error message (but with the rm-821 CV_ES_VAR271076_1308_004_Black_V23_White (which I think is Spanish -it is the onnly one that I cna think of)

Nacho Gutierrez

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I made all the process again from the begining, and it is now working, the only difference is that i have not changed nothing while configurating the first rom (first time I changed lenguaje and time zone, second time I left English (US), and on time zone i set the Canada time)...
On the other hand I am not totally sure that the first phone update was complete, so maybe it was the problem (second time it took a lot of more time, soy maybe first time was wrong).
Either case or the other, it is now working for me.

Karan Bhutani

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

started the process from begaining but still the same error plz help..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb