GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+GDR3

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+

has anyone been able to download the "Rogers Pre Portico ROM (RM-820) - thanks to juan6996" from the link posted at the start of this guide??

All I get when going to the link is pretty much spam and no actual download link.

EDIT: I'm also curious if anyone has successfully done this after AT&T pushed out Cyan. I managed to find the Pre Portico rom from another source but have been unable to flash the phone. Curious if AT&T with Cyan has killed the ability to flash the Pre Portico or if I'm doing something incorrect. The nokia care program will not show the phone connected to it even though I can see the phone listed as a drive on the computer. Have tried three different computers and several different usb connections.

Last edited:

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+

I followed the instructions to the T with an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920. However, after flashing the last firmware (a euro GB CV), I'm getting a SIM Card missing or invalid, doesn't matter which sim I use or what firmware I flash, I get that. Cannot go back to previous ROMs, either. So I'm basically stuck with a $250 phone-less phone. Can anyone help?

Roger Luechtefeld

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

has anyone been able to download the "Rogers Pre Portico ROM (RM-820) - thanks to juan6996" from the link posted at the start of this guide??

All I get when going to the link is pretty much spam and no actual download link.

EDIT: I'm also curious if anyone has successfully done this after AT&T pushed out Cyan. I managed to find the Pre Portico rom from another source but have been unable to flash the phone. Curious if AT&T with Cyan has killed the ability to flash the Pre Portico or if I'm doing something incorrect. The nokia care program will not show the phone connected to it even though I can see the phone listed as a drive on the computer. Have tried three different computers and several different usb connections.

I have the same problem. The link to the Rogers Pre Portico ROM doesn't take me anywhere helpful. Just advertisement pages. Is there another site that I can get a trusted copy of the ROM?

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem. The link to the Rogers Pre Portico ROM doesn't take me anywhere helpful. Just advertisement pages. Is there another site that I can get a trusted copy of the ROM?

I finally found it here ... https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7d2858ba44876c46&id=7D2858BA44876C46!3402&authkey=!AKL_8BCVvpX8S5U

It worked for me, make sure you get the 820 version

Edit - I was able to eventually flash my 920 - none of the three desktops in the house would recognize the phone through the Nokia program, finally used a laptop and the phone was recognized and flashed the pre-portico. Took quite a some time and several rounds of updates to get to the final Rodgers Cyan, but the phone works fine now.

Had to do the foreign sim trick to get internet sharing to work though as I am using my 920 on Straight Talk. ... http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html

funkota

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

Does this work for 8.1 devices?

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I just discovered that my 920 - originally an unlocked ATT phone is now locked after doing the flash to Rodgers. I am still using it with my Straight Talk sim with no issues, but I thought this was not supposed to happen.

What happened?? .. and how can I get it unlocked now? - re-try the ATT unlock code?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

If the foreign sim is working, what makes you think it is locked? Or is Straight Talk native AT&T but you've tried something else?

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

If the foreign sim is working, what makes you think it is locked? Or is Straight Talk native AT&T but you've tried something else?
When I enter the ##7820# it shows a locked sim (using a straight talk sim), and when I set up internet sharing with a sim from the UK the phone stated that it was a locked unit.

I should mention that the phone works perfectly however with the AT&T based Straight Talk sim. It has the Rodgers ROM on it, I'm just curious about this is all, not something that really needs correcting.

lift

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I also just flashed my unlocked AT&T Lumia 920 with the Rogers Firmware. After I flashed the phone I also noticed that when I entered ##7820# it showed it as locked now. All I did was re-enter my unlock code I used to unlock the phone before flashing the firmware again. After I entered the unlock code the lock went to unlocked. Then I shut off the phone and restarted it and now when I enter ##7820# it shows as unlocked. The Rogers firmware is just great. I use it on Cricket and Internet sharing (mobile hotspot) now works great. I am very happy.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Thank you very much! It helped me flash my Lumia 830 with Lumia Denim successfully.... Thank you once again!!! :smile:

sri_sk

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the information. However,I have Lumia Cyan update on my L920 and there are two issue
1. It is not gettting detected in NCS. (as per previous reply I went ahead and tried to flash once the phone was detected in windows explorer).
2. When I hit retry and press volume up button, it shows "starting" and then the screen reappears (with retry and cancel options).

What do I do?

P.S: The reason I am trying this is that when I try to use 3G I feel that it is only working at edge speed and that ATT rom has disabled 3G. is that correct? If not I need to see what is going wrong.

Thanks a million for any support.

---EDIT---
I think the problem was the rm-820 folder had somehow been emptied. so I pasted the details in there and tried again and it worked! Now on Rogers. Will continue to update to India Rom.

Thanks

Last edited:

juanebc

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Hello !! I follow all the steps as the tutorial. I was not listed when you select the ROM Product (Nokia 920) !!
The files are located in the specified path, but do not see in Nokia Care. Help !!:crying:

Gaz B

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

NaviFirm plus is asking for donation. Anyway past this? How did you guys do it?

Barrytoo

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

Thanks for the tutorial
However, I tried flashing AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-940 with RM-937 ROM but I get stuck at step#8. Nokia Suite says that image ID and platform ID aren't the same, which means this image is not for this device
Any ideas how to get around this?

anaheiim

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

Thanks for the tutorial
However, I tried flashing AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-940 with RM-937 ROM but I get stuck at step#8. Nokia Suite says that image ID and platform ID aren't the same, which means this image is not for this device
Any ideas how to get around this?
I already told you about this on XDA of try with this tutorial. If it does not work and that you have performed *correctly* all steps, so you can't. Moreover, even if it work, you risk regretting because the 4G network bands are differents.

rishm

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I have been reading since last 3 days and have seen a lot of videos to flash non-ATT ROM on 920 but I just cant get past the recovery stage!
Have tried holding the power / volume down buttons and even tried (as some vidoes show) holding the power up button.
I can the bolt image and also just the "!" image but cannot enter the recovery mode. I have followed all the steps. Has the method to get to recovery changed?
I used to be on Dev version and dont want to go to Windows 10 preview yet but want to have Denim (prefarably India) on my ATT 920.

any suggestions please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo