My Developer Edition Lumia 920 running GDR3 - Lumia Bittersweet Shimmer

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does the developer edition 920 have LTE? I tried changing all the APNs (fast.tmobile.com) and no LTE. When using that, it also breaks my MMS.

Yes it does but from your screenshots you are flashed to a leaked GDR3 ROM from India, which has LTE disabled. The only way you can get back LTE is to flash back either to the AT&T Dev or the stock ROM, or you can try the Rogers ROM to preserve the Pentaband frequencies needed for T-Mobile LTE, but any flashing and you lose the Jewel (GDR3). So your best bet would be to keep what you have till you can.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
There seem to be mixed reports around about the possibility of Custom sms/email tones.

Assuming that does make it, i do hope that means per contact, not just the ability to change the generic tone for the event to something custom.

Would imagine that should be in the People Hub with the custom ringtones if it makes it in.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
xs2k - If you have a pair of bluetooth headphones can you pair them to the phone and see if the audio enhancements (equalizer, dolby etc) are accessible.

Thanks

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting (and hoping) windows would add car mode after seeing how it works on my friends Symbian Nokia 808! Please show a video showing what the screens look like in that mode. Its such a common sense useful feature on the 808 really hoping they got it right on Wp8.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft should stop worrying about adding features for new phones, and start making more features for existing phones to keep their consumers and attract more consumers. Maybe instead of having adding features for new phones a 80% priority while original phone features are a 20% priority they should make it 50-50%.

If they keep adding all the new features to the existing phones, how are they going to sell the new phones.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There seem to be mixed reports around about the possibility of Custom sms/email tones.

Assuming that does make it, i do hope that means per contact, not just the ability to change the generic tone for the event to something custom.

Would imagine that should be in the People Hub with the custom ringtones if it makes it in.

You can already assign custom ringtones per contact. Go to a contact and in the edit section it gives you that option. Messages cant be customised yet.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If they keep adding all the new features to the existing phones, how are they going to sell the new phones.
By putting better and newer hardware into stores, running software that is consistently improving across all devices. Windows Phone should grow by tapping into other markets and user bases, not by forcing its current users to upgrade.

That'll make the ecosystem more Androidish.
So you'd rather have Microsoft restrict features on current devices, so that the ecosystem will have less competition on the hardware front? Sounds absolutely horrendous.

EricMarsi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Just wanted to ask you if in your next video you can show us switching between silent and ringer. on current phones its either ring and silent, vibrate and silent, and vibrate and ring plus vibrate. Does the GDR3 Update have all on the same button or is it still the 2 crap where you have to change it through settings.

Lastly Just as an FYI. The X under multitasking is gunna be staying for a while. in the windows 8,1 leaked pics earlier this summer you can see the higher build number and the X stayed. What I personally believe is that GDR3 was finished a while ago and OEM's are now testing them sending bugs, etc.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
if they stop adding new features to the existing phone, how are they going to have a solid customer base?

Well, that's the thing about a product's lifecycle. There will be a point where the user is disappointed about the lack of features in updates. The trick is in managing to find this point and provide updates to keep the user just happy. They're not getting any profits from it. Don't talk about Android here. It's a chaotic platform.

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi xs2k

maybe you miss my question, so, allow me to put it here again

Could you test whether now when we have incoming call, the "vibrate function" will active along with ringtone (if we enable "ring+vibrate mode") or not?
As we know, now it only vibrate 2-3 times when we have incoming call and it's a bit annoying if the phone is in our pocket and we missed the call be cause it's vibrate in that short period

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Will the three columns of tiles feature come to current gdr2 or gdr1 phones as well? I mean will phones like the 520, 720, 620, 920 get the new start screen with three columns of tiles - one large tile placed by one medium tile? Does your 920 have it already in gdr3?

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
By putting better and newer hardware into stores, running software that is consistently improving across all devices. Windows Phone should grow by tapping into other markets and user bases, not by forcing its current users to upgrade.

So you'd rather have Microsoft restrict features on current devices, so that the ecosystem will have less competition on the hardware front? Sounds absolutely horrendous.

Microsoft does not add a feature unless the feature works flawlessly and fluidly. Can you say that about Android? The Android experience is quite horrible. You may have the same feature on a budget Android and a high end Android. But do they give you the same experience. One lags a lot and the other lags a little less.

But you don't have such a thing on Windows Phone. We can rant about not having the feature rather than rant about it not working well.

Yeah let's fragment WP8 to hell!

Fragmentation exists in every OS as the hardware keeps evolving. You can't have the OS developers developing for hardware from 2 to 3 years back. That is almost 3 generations in the consumer electronics industry.
Now the same is not true for app developers. In iOS, app developers optimize for the least denominator, that is for the iPhone 4 currently. In Windows Phone too, the app support is based only on RAM and not anything else.

Will the three columns of tiles feature come to current gdr2 or gdr1 phones as well? I mean will phones like the 520, 720, 620, 920 get the new start screen with three columns of tiles - one large tile placed by one medium tile? Does your 920 have it already in gdr3?

Only phones with higher resolution will support it.

Last edited:

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi xs2k

maybe you miss my question, so, allow me to put it here again

Could you test whether now when we have incoming call, the "vibrate function" will active along with ringtone (if we enable "ring+vibrate mode") or not?
As we know, now it only vibrate 2-3 times when we have incoming call and it's a bit annoying if the phone is in our pocket and we missed the call be cause it's vibrate in that short period

Yup, even with the GDR3, it'll only briefly vibrate for 1-2 seconds at the beginning and that's it. Didn't really paid attention to this flaw before, but now that you mentioned it, I can see why it's annoying.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does but from your screenshots you are flashed to a leaked GDR3 ROM from India, which has LTE disabled. The only way you can get back LTE is to flash back either to the AT&T Dev or the stock ROM, or you can try the Rogers ROM to preserve the Pentaband frequencies needed for T-Mobile LTE, but any flashing and you lose the Jewel (GDR3). So your best bet would be to keep what you have till you can.

Great! thanks for the info. I'll probably try Rogers when I'm bored of Bittersweet and need faster speed again. Right now I'm only getting 2-3 mb download speeds on H+ which is slow compared to my previous 920 on LTE which was getting 7-9 mb around the same area.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Just wanted to ask you if in your next video you can show us switching between silent and ringer. on current phones its either ring and silent, vibrate and silent, and vibrate and ring plus vibrate. Does the GDR3 Update have all on the same button or is it still the 2 crap where you have to change it through settings.

Lastly Just as an FYI. The X under multitasking is gunna be staying for a while. in the windows 8,1 leaked pics earlier this summer you can see the higher build number and the X stayed. What I personally believe is that GDR3 was finished a while ago and OEM's are now testing them sending bugs, etc.

Noted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99