I want to flash my phone but I'm scared and have a few questions.

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I really want to flash my phone, I have a Lumia 920 from at&t. Im wondering what are the chances of it getting bricked, and there's definitely no way to fix it if it happens?? Will At&T know if I flashed it?? Also do I have to have it unlocked (not really sure what this means). Also I see all these guides for unlocking and I have no idea which i should be following ...

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
i feel your worry, i was worrying about it and getting more and more frustrated that ee weren't giving me gdr2 so i flashed through the Nokia Software Updater for retail, easy, you do lose everything but for the sake of a couple of hours of backing up and restoring its worth it.

Nothing scary, just plug the phone in and let the pc do the rest. :)

also, apparently bricked lumias can be fixed, quite easily apparently, there's lots of posts about that, although its never happened to me i cant confirm it.

Do it..............:smile:

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
So I really want to flash my phone, I have a Lumia 920 from at&t. Im wondering what are the chances of it getting bricked, and there's definitely no way to fix it if it happens?? Will At&T know if I flashed it?? Also do I have to have it unlocked (not really sure what this means). Also I see all these guides for unlocking and I have no idea which i should be following ...

I'd like to know which Firmware/ROM did you use if you decided to flash and if you could download Nokia Pro Cam application from the store. I had some problems trying to download it and it desperates me. Thanks!

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know which Firmware/ROM did you use if you decided to flash and if you could download Nokia Pro Cam application from the store. I had some problems trying to download it and it desperates me. Thanks!
so I finally decided to flash it and all is good, but I also can't download Nokia pro cam, buuut I don't think its us I heard they took jt out of the store to fix it or something. Not sure but I hope that's the reason 😁

Also I when I flashed my phone I followed this persons guide: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...h-any-lumia-920-full-amber-gdr2-features.html

loveleo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
The flash including the firmware download took about 30 minutes but it took a couple of hours to set the phone back up and copy everything back onto it. Its worth it though.

It now has a call blocking app, bye bye ppi calls!

Great update.

Kristijan87

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to do the same with my 620. I'm tired of waiting, factory reset is long overdue (Other storage is full to the brim), and I want all the goodies. :) I suppose, since this is the official firmware the NSU has found for my device, future updates will not be impaired, right? That's my biggest fear.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have read that it won't affect future updates, tbh though, the service providers are so slow i can't see me waiting anyway. Ee are the pitts. Gdr2 isn't even approved yet, yet here i am on my ee 920 and its working great, thanks to the Nokia retail software.

loveleo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you use the method posted by juan6996? Saw many people had issues. Hesitated to move forward.

Sent from my lumia 521 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)