So I really want to flash my phone, I have a Lumia 920 from at&t. Im wondering what are the chances of it getting bricked, and there's definitely no way to fix it if it happens?? Will At&T know if I flashed it?? Also do I have to have it unlocked (not really sure what this means). Also I see all these guides for unlocking and I have no idea which i should be following ...
    09-08-2013 02:06 PM
    why flashing?
    09-08-2013 02:15 PM
    why flashing?
    So I can have the updates and get rid of the at&T stuff also I want the data sense I hear at&t won't have that.
    09-08-2013 02:24 PM
    i feel your worry, i was worrying about it and getting more and more frustrated that ee weren't giving me gdr2 so i flashed through the Nokia Software Updater for retail, easy, you do lose everything but for the sake of a couple of hours of backing up and restoring its worth it.

Nothing scary, just plug the phone in and let the pc do the rest. :)

also, apparently bricked lumias can be fixed, quite easily apparently, there's lots of posts about that, although its never happened to me i cant confirm it.

Do it..............
    Wendy Bautista likes this.
    09-08-2013 02:28 PM
    So I really want to flash my phone, I have a Lumia 920 from at&t. Im wondering what are the chances of it getting bricked, and there's definitely no way to fix it if it happens?? Will At&T know if I flashed it?? Also do I have to have it unlocked (not really sure what this means). Also I see all these guides for unlocking and I have no idea which i should be following ...
    I'd like to know which Firmware/ROM did you use if you decided to flash and if you could download Nokia Pro Cam application from the store. I had some problems trying to download it and it desperates me. Thanks!
    09-08-2013 05:30 PM
    I'd like to know which Firmware/ROM did you use if you decided to flash and if you could download Nokia Pro Cam application from the store. I had some problems trying to download it and it desperates me. Thanks!
    so I finally decided to flash it and all is good, but I also can't download Nokia pro cam, buuut I don't think its us I heard they took jt out of the store to fix it or something. Not sure but I hope that's the reason 😁

Also I when I flashed my phone I followed this persons guide: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-features.html
    09-09-2013 04:01 AM
    so I finally decided to flash it and all is good, but I also can't download Nokia pro cam, buuut I don't think its us I heard they took jt out of the store to fix it or something. Not sure but I hope that's the reason

Also I when I flashed my phone I followed this persons guide: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-features.html
    How long did the whole thing take including reading? 3-4 hours?
    09-10-2013 11:30 PM
    How long did the whole thing take including reading? 3-4 hours?
    didn't take that long, maybe 2hrs
    09-10-2013 11:40 PM
    pro cam should be available by the end of this month, posted in this thread earlier:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...m-problem.html
    09-11-2013 01:24 AM
    The flash including the firmware download took about 30 minutes but it took a couple of hours to set the phone back up and copy everything back onto it. Its worth it though.

It now has a call blocking app, bye bye ppi calls!

Great update.
    09-11-2013 02:22 AM
    I'm about to do the same with my 620. I'm tired of waiting, factory reset is long overdue (Other storage is full to the brim), and I want all the goodies. :) I suppose, since this is the official firmware the NSU has found for my device, future updates will not be impaired, right? That's my biggest fear.
    09-11-2013 02:46 PM
    I have read that it won't affect future updates, tbh though, the service providers are so slow i can't see me waiting anyway. Ee are the pitts. Gdr2 isn't even approved yet, yet here i am on my ee 920 and its working great, thanks to the Nokia retail software.
    09-12-2013 02:16 AM
    Did you use the method posted by juan6996? Saw many people had issues. Hesitated to move forward.

Sent from my lumia 521 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2013 12:23 AM
    Did you use the method posted by juan6996? Saw many people had issues. Hesitated to move forward.

Sent from my lumia 521 using Tapatalk

no, i downloaded the genuine Nokia retail software and the gdr2 update was there, no sweating, easy job.
    09-18-2013 05:19 PM