Does installing GDR2 Count as a Hard Reset?

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I want to hard reset my L920 to try and address some issues I'm having with the phone. I'm still waiting to receive the GDR2 update as I'm on AT&T in the US. I'm wondering if by installing the GDR2 update when released, will I accomplish my goal of a hard reset, or will I need to do the reset after I install the update.

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
please i have a lumia 920 orange France that is sim unlocked i guess as i got it as a gift. Now i have the GDR 2 but am afraid to install it as am thinking it might switched the phone back to Sim locked . And am not in france and neither do i speak french

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
please i have a lumia 920 orange France that is sim unlocked i guess as i got it as a gift and its work with my network in ukraine. Now i have the GDR 2 OTA on my phone but am afraid to install it as am thinking it might switched the phone back to Sim locked . And am not in france and neither do i speak french

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
please i have a lumia 920 orange France that is sim unlocked i guess as i got it as a gift. Now i have the GDR 2 but am afraid to install it as am thinking it might switched the phone back to Sim locked . And am not in france and neither do i speak french

As it says in the link, flashing GCR2 will NOT re-lock your phone. you're fine.

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link. So... I either follow the steps and install GDR2 now which would result in a hard reset. Or, wait for the update, install it, then hard reset the phone. Then reinstall all my apps/files/etc.

Got it, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon