Is poor battery performance enough to drive you away from Windowsphone and the Lumia 920/1020?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
DT-601_01.jpg

They look like kinda, hypnotism pendulums to me.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't read the whole thread but have you turned off "Connect with Xbox Music" and Xbox Music Cloud collection" and "Now playing on Xbox" options? That's what drained the battery for me

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Wowzas! Yesterday on a whim I turned off the background tasks for Weather Channel...

Since then, not counting times of use, of course, I'm getting discharge of less than 1% per hour!!!

Prior to that, 6% or more. Not turning that one back on!

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to get very erratic battery life, but for the last few months it has been pretty good. Every once in a while it would start tanking (like 15% per hour) so I would shut the phone off and turn it back on again and all would be well again.

For the last few days I have been getting PHENOMINAL battery performance. Each day I pull my phone of the charger (after sitting on it for 7-8 hours) around 6:30am. Each day I have put my phone back on the charger around 10pm. My battery level over these last four days has not dropped a SINGLE percent!!! The OS indicator stays completely full and the Battery Level app says FULL all day long. Maybe the Battery Level app is not updating the tile and start screen icon properly, not sure. I'm on AT&T so no update yet.

Afiq Yusof

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this apply here but from what I learn during my android year is that signal strength plays a huge role. Poor signal strength will definitely have impact on your battery life

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys with the battery life problems suffer from this every day? I get bad battery drain every once in a while, like once or twice a week, but not every day. I don't think there is a specific culprit app wise. I have all services turned on(i.e. nfc, bluetooth, location, xbox, sensitivity, etc...) and use facebook, skype, whatsapp and a host of other battery hogging apps, and I get 20 hours on average.

EVERY f*****g day. Charged up at work until 2 PM, lucky to get to work at 8 AM the following day without using battery saver. :cry:

AND

No Amber has made NO difference except giving me new battery draining features I can't use without making things even worse.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I checked and saw that I was signed into facebook all this week! (In the messaging thing)
No wonder I was poisoning my battery to a slow death, did you check that setting?

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I checked and saw that I was signed into facebook all this week! (In the messaging thing)
No wonder I was poisoning my battery to a slow death, did you check that setting?

Yes I am because I need to be. Still no guarantee it's that, you only have to look at this site to see how many different "fixes" there are, Facebook and Skype to name but two. Some people swear it's GPS that drains the battery, doesn't make any difference on mine. I'll try signing out of FB and post here after the weekend.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
-Turned off location
-Tap to send
-Logged out of facebook
-I don't have skype on the phone so I'm not haunted by that problem :D

I use wifi/3G depending if am in office/home or out on the move, but am always connected.

Don't really expect the 920 to last a week on a single charge, it has a poor battery for its massive hardware, that just does the job ok, and not amazing!

VisualD

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
-Turned off location
-Tap to send
-Logged out of facebook
-I don't have skype on the phone so I'm not haunted by that problem :D

I use wifi/3G depending if am in office/home or out on the move, but am always connected.

Don't really expect the 920 to last a week on a single charge, it has a poor battery for its massive hardware, that just does the job ok, and not amazing!
I have all of them on (+ much more) most of the time and get it to last 18-24h with active use without any problem.

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
i usualy charge my phone over night, so i start my day with full battery, i use 3g, logged into fb,6tag,mail,viber, but mostly leave skype logged out and in the evening i still have around 40% and i tend to check stuff on my phone quite alot.

barnyr

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery app shows my average discharge rate over past two months is 2.28% per hour. I typically have it off the charger for 15 hours and plug it in with 70% battery remaining. I have no real evidence, but think that strength of radio signal is a big factor in battery life. I have strong LTE signal at home and work. When I go elsewhere the battery life is not as great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234