How do I find my phones serial number? (looking at obtaining insurance cover)

justinbarrow

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to take out accidental damage cover on my Lumia 920 which I purchased new from Amazon, however the receipt from Amazon shows only the serial number of the handset as X0005Z**** but it does not show the handsets IMEI number which I am told is needed for any accidental insurance I wish to take out.

Should the handsets serial number be embedded into the handset just like the imei and is there a way to bring the phones serial number up like you can with the imei by pressing a series of keys such as *#06# to show the IMEI

I have contacted Amazon and they say that they don't put IMEI numbers on receipts just the serial number that's on the box - I know Apple also have this policy and heard it can cause issues if ever you take insurance out and need to make a claim but then cant provide a receipt the the actual IMEI and serial number of the handset.

Thanks everyone.

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
*#06# works great on my Lumia 920, it also worked great on my Lumia 800 to show IMEI. I think that is a standard code to show IMEI, no matter what SO are you using

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon