Help - Display error (white screen)

alvinollet

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
can you help me on this. after i instaled the game six guns,suddenly white screen appears. there is no display on my phone.
2n99n9j.jpg

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: help

not good, best idea after that is let it kill the battery and see if it comes back, after that best to call your service provider. I have swapped mine out with att when it decided to start acting up.

alvinollet

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

not good, best idea after that is let it kill the battery and see if it comes back, after that best to call your service provider. I have swapped mine out with att when it decided to start acting up.

yeah. i bought my device on other country when i was working. my device is working but no display like distorted white color. the screen is functioning like ( you turn it of by sliding down).

alvinollet

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

can i swap this device in any country? i have the warranty card. the problem is, when the display comes back afterwards it goes back to white screen (distorted one).

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey alvinollet, where did you buy the phone. Unless I'm mistaken your Nokia warranty is only valid in the country you bought the phone. It sounds like your screen display cable (the ribbon cable) is broken, or at least something hardware to do with displaying the image. You might be able to fix the phone by getting a new screen yourself, but there's no guarantees... it's probably safer to take it to a local repair shop yourself and get it repaired but for a cost.

You say that sometimes the display comes back... are you able to get to the settings>about>reset menu to see if resetting the device to its factory state fixes the problem? This will erase your data on the phone, though.

alvinollet

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Hey alvinollet, where did you buy the phone. Unless I'm mistaken your Nokia warranty is only valid in the country you bought the phone. It sounds like your screen display cable (the ribbon cable) is broken, or at least something hardware to do with displaying the image. You might be able to fix the phone by getting a new screen yourself, but there's no guarantees... it's probably safer to take it to a local repair shop yourself and get it repaired but for a cost.

You say that sometimes the display comes back... are you able to get to the settings>about>reset menu to see if resetting the device to its factory state fixes the problem? This will erase your data on the phone, though.

i do the reset factory setting after i do that i reinstall the apps i have then after a minutes i the white screen ( distorted one like a broken lcd) . i think you are right the ribbon that connect on lcd is broken. i purchased my phone on macau, china

alvinollet

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

the screen is back again but there is new icon which is i encircled.
2hyz04g.jpg

it is not dot (when the location is on)
it is like like this \ \ \
/ / /

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

That icon means that your sound is turned off. Press the volume up or down button and at the top right press the "Vibrate only" button and your sound will turn on again.

alvinollet

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

That icon means that your sound is turned off. Press the volume up or down button and at the top right press the "Vibrate only" button and your sound will turn on again.

done bro. any advice or tips to avoid this problem? i will bring it to the nokia center tomorrow.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

To avoid the screen whiting out? If it is a broken ribbon cable I don't think there's much you could do to stop it. Try not to shake it about too much - that should keep the display cable in the same position. If it's the video memory not working properly then there's nothing you'd be able to do anyway.

Just wondering, what device do you have - a 920? - so I know where to move the thread. Maybe this thread will help someone else in future.

alvinollet

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

To avoid the screen whiting out? If it is a broken ribbon cable I don't think there's much you could do to stop it. Try not to shake it about too much - that should keep the display cable in the same position. If it's the video memory not working properly then there's nothing you'd be able to do anyway.

Just wondering, what device do you have - a 920? - so I know where to move the thread. Maybe this thread will help someone else in future.

i dont know why it is happening. yeah 4 month old 920.
how to check the video memory?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium