Lumia 920 on gdr2 vibration problem. too soft

hontydas

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think its a software issue, it became too soft after installing some update,hard reset doesn't help either, so no point trying.
Comes back to GDR 3.

Eki_13

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
it's hardware. i happened to me before grd2. I downloaded a massage app but it still didn't work. Then, while the application was running, i started hitting it softly on my table. And.. IT STARTED VIBRATING. I do the same thing every time it occurs and problem is solved

hontydas

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
it's hardware. i happened to me before grd2. I downloaded a massage app but it still didn't work. Then, while the application was running, i started hitting it softly on my table. And.. IT STARTED VIBRATING. I do the same thing every time it occurs and problem is solved

Tried this too, doesn't work, just hear that faint sound when getting it close to my ear.

DustyTrailhead

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it is hardware. I got the new phone and rediscovered what it was like when I got the 1st one, almost a year ago. I forgot that the windows button is supposed to vibrate softly, and phone calls noticably. So, the vibrator motor had been failing and finally just broke. It was pure coincidence that it failed around the GDR2 flash. I see the complaint about the extreme loudness of the vibration in several posts on this forum. Then some say it has gotten better. Does "better" mean that it is failing? That's not better. That's broken!
One of the tear-down websites stated that the 920 build was really out of Nokia's expertise, one reason it is so heavy, a cobbling together of disparate parts with a lot of glue. The front camera on my phone was full of dust within 8 months, which was one manufacturing defect. Perhaps there is a glue failure on the vibrator motor? I know Nokia is a lot better at the luxury smartphone now, but I suspect I will begin to see the same problems on this 920 in about 6 months. I will be seeking a WP replacement before that happens.

hontydas

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They want me to head over to Nokia care. I suggest that you get your phone replaced before you run out of the warranty period.
I can't do that now sadly, hoping for a software fix.

Mario185

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Got the same problem, direct after installing the "Extras & Info" update.
It seems that the timing of the vibrations got an error. Because in my game there is a 100ms vibration and sometimes its right and sometimes it is really short.
I think this is an software bug.

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
This problem is not only in GDR2/Amber.... i can confirm that this problem is on portico as well...
last week my vibration never worked..i tot it was a software problem and flashed it from GDR3/amber to portico... it still dint work on portico and so i thought it was a hardware problem...
today all of a sudden it started working awesome....i could feel the vibration so hard....
now i am not really sure if its hardware/software problem.... Or maybe Nokia/ Microsoft is remotely having a server to turn off our vibration lol...

P.S: Currently i am on Lumia 920 portico...

lax84

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Mine seems to come and go and because of this i don't think it's a software issue that can be sorted out with a reset. It may spring to life randomly or you can try and force the phone to vibrate using a massager app and shake your phone slightly. This may help the vibrate motor run properly again. It helped my phone.

Thank you so much agd87. It really worked out for me. I had vibrate issue on my Lumia 920, and tried restarting my phone several times, it doesn't helped me though.
Nokia care representative asked me to request for a motherboard replacement and totally I lost hope with my phone. Finally my issue got resolved. Thanks for agd87. :smile:

Dominik Ferencik

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Quite old thread, but I think that many people are still looking for solution.

So download Vibrate Massager by wahally (cant post link, sorry)

turn it on and let it running for about minute or two. It is not permanent solution, but if you need vibrations badly, hope this could help :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire