Using my Nokia 520 "GoPhone" Sim on an unlocked 920

Robert Stevens

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I'm just wondering If I bought an unlocked Lumia 920 on ebay lets say. Switched my AT&T GoPhone sim from my 520 (On the At&T $60 a month no contract plan, 2gb data included) Will it work?? In the suggested GDR3 and 8.1 updates.. The 520 will be lacking in features. I really don't want that.. but I basically only have AT&T gophone as my only choice for a company. No one else around in my area has a better deal for GOOD service. Thank you!

Last edited:

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
As long as the Lumia 920 you purchase supports AT&T's HSPA+ and LTE bands, yes. Be aware that if you don't own a data plan, they may force you to purchase one - this is a common practice that they perform dependent on device.

Robert Stevens

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
As long as the Lumia 920 you purchase supports AT&T's HSPA+ and LTE bands, yes. Be aware that if you don't own a data plan, they may force you to purchase one - this is a common practice that they perform dependent on device.

Hm okay, yes I have a 2gb data limit on the no contract plan.

A GoPhone sim, as well as AT&T MVNO sim should also work on a locked AT&T phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Really?? it would work right off the bat?? No way! lol. I just dont want to waste the money on the phone and realize it wont work with my sim because its a "Gophone" sim.

Last edited:

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hm okay, yes I have a 2gb data limit on the no contract plan.

Really?? it would work right off the bat?? No way! lol. I just dont want to waste the money on the phone and realize it wont work with my sim because its a "Gophone" sim.

OK, don't want to deceive. Voice should work. I've read where the sim could be locked to the GoPhone, but it could be unlocked to AT&T when the balance is zero. Just call them.

FWIW, I have a GoPhone sim in an unlocked GSM phone, and an AT&T MVNO (H2O Wireless) sim in a locked iPhone 4, but only using voice/text and wifi for data. Good luck.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Your GoPhone SIM should work in the unlocked or AT&T locked 920, LTE support may depend on the phone variant, HSPA+ will work right out of the box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs